• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

Could you have won a championship back in 05 then, I seem to remember there was a lot on it for both teams?
Yes kind. of ...you had a +62 PD and Ireland had a +37PD so a 13 point margin victory would of place them second but France finished with +52PD so they actually need a 15 point margin (plus whatever the second breaker was back then so 16 points to be sure..

I think it was really Wales' GS hope on the line really witj 5/6 point loss meaning France would snatch it from them.

Martin Johnson plays for Leicester
Leicester become dominant powerhouse in world rugby.
Martin Johnson retires.
Leo Cullen joins from a little club called Leinster
Leo Cullen leave Leicester and re-joins that little club with the knowledge of how to win.
Matt O'Connor leaves Leicester to join Leinster.
MOC grounds Leinster a bit and teaches the Irish humility after years of dominance.
MOC gracefully walks away from Leinster knowing other clubs could benefit from his teachings of how not to be good.
Leo Cullen re-joins Leinster using all his knowledge from Leicester on how to win.
Leinster win things again
Ireland pick leinster players
Ireland start winning against big boy teams.

Therefore Leicester and Johnson made this Ireland team.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Therefore Leicester and Johnson made this Ireland team.

I thought we all widely knew and accepted that it was MOC walking around Donnybrook and the RDS talking to himself that really seen the grassroots grow.

even if "u can score tries as well your stock shoots up" were true, it's still hardly a relevant statistic in comparing 8s.
its not just about comparing 8s its comparing any players. i thought it would be obvious that a player that can score tries has value. how can you compare 2 8's to each other and not take into account how much tries they score?

don't think Read's role in the team at the moment is to play the running game he used to, so his lack of metres doesn't mean so much.
read like mccaw before him adjusts to what is needed. first and foremost you have to do your darkArts . in that game the forwards spent a lot of time tackling, clearing and securing rucks and mauls.

as for best 8 in the game, no. best 8 in new zealand, yes.
whose better than read in the world at the moment?

its not just about comparing 8s its comparing any players. i thought it would be obvious that a player that can score tries has value. how can you compare 2 8's to each other and not take into account how much tries they score?

read like mccaw before him adjusts to what is needed. first and foremost you have to do your darkArts . in that game the forwards spent a lot of time tackling, clearing and securing rucks and mauls.

I think there are a few that are arguable, but Vermeulen is definitely better than Read.

I think there are a few that are arguable, but Vermeulen is definitely better than Read.
Vermulens played one test this year? As well as playing in Japan all season?
Vrrmulen is awesome but need to see how he does vs the ABs to really gauge his level at the moment

was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but now its clear you are a troll.
Carlito is the king troll.

Anyway, our boys are getting hammered in the media after that loss to Ireland. If you go on stuff.com, it's all bad for the All Blacks. Poor guys.

Vermulens played one test this year? As well as playing in Japan all season?
Vrrmulen is awesome but need to see how he does vs the ABs to really gauge his level at the moment
He started every game vs England over the summer

Carlito is the king troll.

Why because i confront your BS.?
Just because i point out the errors you make like when you tell us PRo 14 is a French competition ...or when you say Ireland is on par with Australia....just because i confronted you for sending loser memes to opposition teams ...Sorry but you were being a dick and make all us Kiwis look bad .
My advice to you : Better to keep your fingers away from the keyboard and appear stupid than type something and remove all doubt

Last edited:
He started every game vs England over the summer
so 3 international games this season? i didnt watch all of them. how did he play in general? did he play better than read in your opinion?
i will admit he is the closest player to kRead to be being the best 8 in the world.

The better number locks, props, 8s or flankers I played with were hardly running in tries all the time, if at all. Their contribution was generally felt elsewhere, like blasting people of the ruck, or being at the bottom of it, where the ball was. All, so that fellas like me could score the odd point, or feed it to the 3/4 line to have a feast. Not saying they never scored points, but if they did, I'd treat it as gravy as opposed to requirement.

If I was picking an 8 today, I'd still pick Read. Stander would have a good shout.

It's hardly a relevant statistic because whether or not you score tries depends more on your role in the team and how good your team is at scoring tries, and other aspects are far more important for an 8

Yeah
Vermeulen, at least . There are others that are maybes . Maybe faletau, stander, pocock,. Edit oops I entered responses within the quote. Will fix later

so 3 international games this season? i didnt watch all of them. how did he play in general? did he play better than read in your opinion?
i will admit he is the closest player to kRead to be being the best 8 in the world.
He played better than read in my opinion, not that you are asking

Why because i confront your BS.?
Just because i point out the errors you make like when you tell us PRo 14 is a French competition ...or when you say Ireland is on par with Australia....just because i confronted you for sending loser memes to opposition teams ...Sorry but you were being a dick and make all us Kiwis look bad .
My advice to you : Better to keep your fingers away from the keyboard and appear stupid than type something and remove all doubt
Man STFU. Stop trolling kiwi posters and pretending to be kiwi.

Was the player of the series imo, got at least one MOTM and the press from both hemispheres were raving about how good he is

Latest posts