• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs USA (24/11/18)

Team named. Ringrose the only player retained in the first 15.

Ireland:

15. Will Addison
14. Andrew Conway
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Stuart McCloskey
11. Darren Sweetnam
10. Joey Carbery
9. John Cooney

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Niall Scannell
3. Finlay Bealham
4. Tadhg Beirne
5. Iain Henderson
6. Rhys Ruddock (captain)
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jack Conan.

Replacements:

16. Rob Herring
17. Cian Healy
18. John Ryan
19. Quinn Roux
20. Josh van der Flier
21. Luke McGrath
22. Ross Byrne
23. Sam Arnold.

13. Garry Ringrose

Why? If he gets injured...

With him on the pitch the score for the USA could well very low, reads the game from 13 as well as anyone in the world. Bringing Cian Healy off the bench will be the ultimate cruelty. Looking forward to seeing how Ross and Joey go at 10. That said Leinster have already run out of 12s and backup wingers, if we lose Ringrose between now and the Bath games it's going to be the most one-dimensional game plan in history in December.

Rest all the stars to make the game a bit more interesting. Even then the Green boys will win by quite a big margin. Wonder if Joe stays. They are a great team.

Ruddock is great, mad to think he couldn't make a Leinster 23 earlier this season. (I know he still got in after Leavy got injured.)

In another era he'd have been Ireland captain and won 70 caps.

Ruddock is great, mad to think he couldn't make a Leinster 23 earlier this season. (I know he still got in after Leavy got injured.)

In another era he'd have been Ireland captain and won 70 caps.

I think he'd start for NZ...

That missed tackle from Bealham for the try is going to cost him. Addison is a classy player. Conway will probably end up with a hat trick.

McCloskey threw Ringrose a hospital pass there.

Wake up lads.

Edit: Ross Byrne is looking really good at 10

Last edited:
24-14 at half time.

Against the USA.

#2 in the world my arse.

5 ex-Blackrock College players on the pitch. Only one of them still at Leinster.

Clear deliberate knock on but sure.

Edit: Great try

Edit again: Ah well, McGrath was offside as well.

Who moved closer to a seat on the plane:
- John Ryan
- Luke McGrath*
- Will Addison
- Andrew Conway
- Ross Byrne
- Niall Scannell

Who moved further away from a seat on the plane:
- Dave Kilcoyne
- Finlay Bealham
- Iain Henderson*
- Tadhg Beirne*
- Joey Carbery
- Stuart McCloskey
- John Cooney
- Jack Conan

*figurative - they'll definitely go injury permitting.

edit: One of those games where its hard to judge how good or bad anyone is - so all you can look at really is personal errors.

John Ryan cemented his spot. Can cover both sides but moved clear as 3rd choice 3.
Ross Byrne did very good. Hard to slate Joeybas he moved from 10. Addison and Conway were superb.

Hard to slate Joeybas he moved from 10.

I was basing it on his rather rudderless showing while at 10.

Byrne seemed to get much more out of the others around him - while Joey seems a bit more likely to create a gap for himself. JC has the higher plateau if he can learn from it. But Byrne is the better option right now. The clock is ticking.

Latest posts