• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Japan v New Zealand (3/10/18)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
daFCYgK.png

8YoqsOc.png
j7lEIMe.png
UIVmBz8.png

Venue: Ajinomoto Stadium
Time: 07:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Wonder if NZ are obliged to play a few 'named' players. SBW, Read and Barrett might start?

does anyone have the list of player available?....i got confused with who was going where etc

edit, this is what the NZ Herald say...could still be a scary good team

Hookers:

Afaso Aumua, Dane Coles, Liam Coltman

Props:

Tim Perry, Rueben O'Neill, Ofa Tuungafasi, Angus Ta'avao, Tyrel Lomax

Locks:

Patrick Tuipulotu

Loose forwards:

Vaea Fifita, Jackson Hemopo, Gareth Evans, Dillon Hunt, Dalton Papali'i, Luke Whitelock (probable captain)

Halfbacks:

Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Mitchell Drummond, Byrn Hall

First Fives:

Richie Mo'unga, Brett Cameron

Midfield:

Ngani Laumape, Matt Proctor

Back Three:

Waisake Naholo, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Jordie Barrett, George Bridge

Utility Back:

David Havili

Last edited:
Hmm, looks like it has not be picked up by any of the UK TV channels....was hoping to get a good look at some of the up and coming ABs and seeing how Japan are shaping up.

New Zealand: 15 Jordie Barrett, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Matt Proctor, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Waisake Naholo, 10 Richie Mo'unga, 9 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 8 Luke Whitelock (c), 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Vaea Fifita, 5 Jackson Hemopo, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 3 Angus Ta'avao, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Ofa Tuungafasi
Replacements: 16 Liam Coltman, 17 Tim Perry, 18 Tyrel Lomax, 19 Dillon Hunt, 20 Gareth Evans, 21 Mitch Drummond, 22 Brett Cameron, 23 George Bridge

im surprised drummonds' (and hall) there. wouldve thought that weber is the next closest thing to an aSmith that we have.
awesome midfield.
this is an exciting squad

BIIG win for Japan coming up here. Well done Japan!

That was clearly illegal from Japan. Lol.

Japan killing it. Are they pro's? Yes they are.

All Blacks obliterated. Japan, an absolute masterclass in Union once again.

I know they got battered but Japan putting 5 tries on the ABs is pretty crazy, even if the ABs were never in danger of losing

Nah, nah. Japan, easy world #1. Crazy good. We've found a new golden team.

great rugby from both sides, loved it

for all folks saying the AB's debutants cheapened the jersey like Mr Duncan Garner, they need to get real. Hansen doing the right thing and all those players were worthy of being capped, been playing great rugby for years in NZ

preparing for the future and next generation getting these guys in early

Bridge, Papali'i will be future All Black stars

The phrase gets thrown around a lot and I've never agreed with it but the commotion surrounding Japan "approaching" (Standing 10m away)the haka suggests to me that the game has gone soft... Or at least the fans.

Highlights. A stupid amount of space in behind the Japan line, I've never even heard of the guy who started for them at fullback. Were Matsushima and Naguya unavailable?

The phrase gets thrown around a lot and I've never agreed with it but the commotion surrounding Japan "approaching" (Standing 10m away)the haka suggests to me that the game has gone soft... Or at least the fans.
The ABs have been and always will be snowflakes about the haka.

Not quite what the French did with their arrow shaped approach during the RWC 2011 final.

Latest posts