• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Japan v New Zealand (3/10/18)

What a waste of NZ's time this was. So the World #1 team has to throw away an important pre-RWC match opportunity (where they should be playing against capable teams).

The phrase gets thrown around a lot and I've never agreed with it but the commotion surrounding Japan "approaching" (Standing 10m away)the haka suggests to me that the game has gone soft... Or at least the fans.

What was the "commotion"? I didn't see anything watching the game can't find any info on it.

great rugby from both sides, loved it

for all folks saying the AB's debutants cheapened the jersey like Mr Duncan Garner, they need to get real. Hansen doing the right thing and all those players were worthy of being capped, been playing great rugby for years in NZ

preparing for the future and next generation getting these guys in early

Bridge, Papali'i will be future All Black stars

Yep, a couple of important things from this match

1. It showed who is ready now to go to the next level, and who has a lot of work-ons to make it there.

2. It captured the eligibility of a number of players who might have been "poached if they ended up playing in Europe. These player now won't be turning out against us in the future.

And if Duncan Garner thinks they cheapened the jersey, I would like to ask him if THIS team cheapened the jersey in 1986.

Brian McGrattan
Sean Fitzpatrick
Kevin Boroevich
Gordon Macpherson
Andy Earl
Brett Harvey
Mark Brooke-Cowden
Mike Brewer
David Kirk
Frano Botica
Terry Wright
Arthur Stone
Smokin' Joe Stanley
John Kirwan
Greg Cooper

I've seen about three different sources mention it. Not trying to call NZ precious (for a change) more pointing out it literally was nothing and people thought it was class!

All good, I was just wondering what the actual incident was?

What a waste of NZ's time this was. So the World #1 team has to throw away an important pre-RWC match opportunity (where they should be playing against capable teams).

It's alright. You'll be able to sharpen your teeth in what promises to be a highly competitive fixture against Italy in a couple of weeks...

ahh, Jamie Joseph would have told them to do that to show respect. Going to their goal-line and turning their backs would be different.

Latest posts