• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Wales vs Australia (10/11/18)

I'm over it. Just can't stand certain Welsh posters like you who have to take happiness from England losing. It betrays a certain underlying racist attitude of "hating the English" expressed via sport. It's not based on how England played, which was very well, given the appalling conditions if you bothered watching the game.

I think some people need to differentiate between being 'racist' and sporting rivalries. Go ask Llanelli fans if they 'hate' Swansea fans, or how about ask Man City fans their thought on Man U fans?

I am always happy to see England lose at just about any sport, so what?

7cf1c21f69f6e63cec4c567502fb09b0.png

(Sorry couldn't resist ;))

dullonien gets it spot on though, nothing wrong with enjoying a rivals loss. Some will always take it too far, but to call it racism is daft.

Also - I weirdly really enjoyed the contest on Saturday, wasn't high quality in attack (at all) but enjoyed the intensity in defence and the battle at the breakdown. Result is what matters, and I'm not too worried about the performance. Plenty of time to work on that.

Last edited:
I'm over it. Just can't stand certain Welsh posters like you who have to take happiness from England losing. It betrays a certain underlying racist attitude of "hating the English" expressed via sport.

Just in case you are referring to me here... as I had had a few shandys and made my feelings known on Saturday... not once did I show anything other than an annoyance at double standards.

Then when a few tried to justify said double standards I must admit I took some pleasure in pointing out their hypocrisy but not once did I mention 'how happy I was that England lost' or any words to that effect.

If you weren't referring to me, then carry on nothing to see here.

PS sorry for bringing this topic back up on this thread.

Just in case you are referring to me here... as I had had a few shandys and made my feelings known on Saturday... not once did I show anything other than an annoyance at double standards.

Then when a few tried to justify said double standards I must admit I took some pleasure in pointing out their hypocrisy but not once did I mention 'how happy I was that England lost' or any words to that effect.

Nah this was me he was having a go at. Nothing to do with you. Same old same old!

Nope wasn't referring to you.

I think some people need to differentiate between being 'racist' and sporting rivalries. Go ask Llanelli fans if they 'hate' Swansea fans, or how about ask Man City fans their thought on Man U fans?

I am always happy to see England lose at just about any sport, so what?

It is anti English bias whatever you wanna call it. It's a fine line. Still it's probably gone too far so I will leave it at that. But the orginal reply was that it was a sad response from 5th Official to enjoy an England loss more than this game when it was of such poor quality. But whatever, I do accept rivalries and there is a healthy one between England and Wales and know I can't stop certain fans getting enjoyment from England losing.

It is anti English bias whatever you wanna call it. It's a fine line. Still it's probably gone too far so I will leave it at that. But the orginal reply was that it was a sad response from 5th Official to enjoy an England loss more than this game when it was of such poor quality. But whatever, I do accept rivalries and there is a healthy one between England and Wales and know I can't stop certain fans getting enjoyment from England losing.

'YAWNNNNNNNN"

I haven't read all this thread so apologies if I mention anything that has already been said, good night beer first, then came the wine, finally the whiskey, then the hangover, which is the reason I am only now commenting.
I looked at a thread yesterday that proclaimed Vanmulen (SP) is the best 8 in the world, Well a player that was not picked for wales but came off the bench then had to play at 8 after injury sold Vanmulin the most outrageous dummy for a score under the posts. Thankfully Wainwright came on too and balanced the BR pretty well, thankfully he had his wits about him and seen Vanmulin trying to hospitalise him Wainwright sidestepped like a Spanish Matador and Vanmulinwas left wondering where he'd gone ;)
I have never praised Tipric on his performances, but yesterday he held his hand up and said to the rest of the 7s we have, I've got the shirt try and take it, well done Tips.

AWJ what can be added to the achievements of this man he takes your breath away, the whole pack plus the ones that came off the bench were A plus, Or is that A star now, lots more to say but I think I need a lay down. I might be still drunk wrong thread.

Last edited:
I haven't read all this thread so apologies if I mention anything that has already been said, good night beer first, then came the wine, finally the whiskey, then the hangover, which is the reason I am only now commenting.
I looked at a thread yesterday that proclaimed Vanmulen (SP) is the best 8 in the world, Well a player that was not picked for wales but came off the bench then had to play at 8 after injury sold Vanmulin the most outrageous dummy for a score under the posts. Thankfully Wainwright came on too and balanced the BR pretty well, thankfully he had his wits about him and seen Vanmulin trying to hospitalise him Wainwright sidestepped like a Spanish Matador and Vanmulinwas left wondering where he'd gone ;)
I have never praised Tipric on his performances, but yesterday he held his hand up and said to the rest of the 7s we have, I've got the shirt try and take it, well done Tips.

AWJ what can be added to the achievements of this man he takes your breath away, the whole pack plus the ones that came off the bench were A plus, Or is that A star now, lots more to say but I think I need a lay down. I might be still drunk wrong thread.

Sounds like you had a great night Dai. It was pretty comfortable in the end weren't it? There was obviously a period before and after half time where the Boks had a lot of ball and possession but I never really felt 'that' worried.

As you mentioned Ellis, Wainwright, Tips and AWJ were all outstanding. Apart from the two missed penalty kicks to touch (unforgivable) Anscombe looked alright, thought North looked solid in D and lively in attack and Tomos and Biggs from the bench both had a significant impact.

Just to point out that this thread is about Wales-Australia, not Wales-South Africa.:)

Sounds like you had a great night Dai. It was pretty comfortable in the end weren't it? There was obviously a period before and after half time where the Boks had a lot of ball and possession but I never really felt 'that' worried.

As you mentioned Ellis, Wainwright, Tips and AWJ were all outstanding. Apart from the two missed penalty kicks to touch (unforgivable) Anscombe looked alright, thought North looked solid in D and lively in attack and Tomos and Biggs from the bench both had a significant impact.
Yes a very good night ,:DI thought the game was excellent, Wales for the first time controlled the last10 min to win the game, no panic just control, I thought our back three did very well , but for me the 9 takes too long around the tackle /breakdown needs to quicken up, ok else ware.

Latest posts