• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Wales vs Australia (10/11/18)

Shocking game, very little to excite anyone. However it's a win, and after the last 10 years, that was all that mattered!

Beard and Adams didn't let anyone down, which hopefully shows we're still building our depth leading into the WC. Tips was immense yet again, the guy can do absolutely everything on a rugby pitch. He turned ball over, stole lineout ball, popped up on the wing, tackled everything; the guy is possibly the best rugby player we've ever produced!

We need to get our attacking game going v Tonga and SA though.

It was a rubbish game - but I guess it was the result that mattered more on this occasion.

Yes we were awful today... BUT IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER! For one reason or another Australia were a psychological stumbling block and we've stumbled it without losing (finally)... job done and (finally) move on!

I definitely agree that getting the win was more important than anything else. However I am not totally sure that this particular win will completely elevate the psychological stumbling block. It doesn't to me feel like Wales have finally found some formula to beat the Aussies after what was shown in that game. I guess we will find out in the world cup pool. Very interested to see how SA and Wales go at it in 2 weeks time

I definitely agree that getting the win was more important than anything else. However I am not totally sure that this particular win will completely elevate the psychological stumbling block. It doesn't to me feel like Wales have finally found some formula to beat the Aussies after what was shown in that game. I guess we will find out in the world cup pool. Very interested to see how SA and Wales go at it in 2 weeks time

Sometimes, very occasionally it really doesn't matter about anything other than the W... yesterday was one such occasion.

People can moan all they want (about whatever they want) but it doesn't detract from facts... that's seven wins on the bounce and a monkey off the back. One of the best (& worst) hang overs I've ever earned.

If Leigh Halfpenny could kick it would have been by more than a score too!

If Tips keeps thid up then IRB player of the year is on the cards.

Possibly but in fairness thats got nothing to do with the sense of elation I feel.

That England losing to ABs makes you more elated than Wales' win over Australia is a sad reflection on you and shows you're not really a true rugby fan. Tell me when was the last time Wales beat the ABs?

Huge win for the Welsh. The Psychological advantage held by the Aussies has now been reversed.

******* turd of a game though.

Cheika is done. I have staunchly defended him for ages but he's lost even me this year (and the few remaining rugby fans left in Aus).

I've never seen such a clueless team. 'Hey lets go for the corner in the 60th minute with the scores 3-3 despite being DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF GOAL.'

To be fair, Wales should have been ahead already. I've never really rated Halfpenny that highly, besides his brillo kicking game. Shanking a sitter doens't help.

Final thought, the penalty for Wales' final 3 points was ridiculous. The Welsh player mounted Hanigan half a second after he made the tackle and the penalty called half a second after that. Hows he supposed to roll away? Or was it for something else (i was a little drunk)?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Derpus, post: 921406, member: 76427] The Welsh player mounted Hanigan half a second after he made the tackle and the penalty called half a second after that. Hows he supposed to roll away? Or was it for something else (i was a little drunk)?[/QUOTE]

Savvy move from Dillon Lewis, he knew that by doing that it would leave the ref no option other than to award the pen.

[QUOTE="Derpus, post: 921406, member: 76427] The Welsh player mounted Hanigan half a second after he made the tackle and the penalty called half a second after that. Hows he supposed to roll away? Or was it for something else (i was a little drunk)?

No other option but to penalize him for going straight off his feet? Although, that seems to happen every ruck these days and never gets pulled up.

Yeah, Dillon Lewis held him in, but imo Hanigan had enough time to roll away beforehand. Absolutely mindless penalty to give away given Wales' dire attacking play in that game.

It was a win but it really seems like Wales aren't even bothering to try in attack, just one pass off either 9 or 10 to one up runners. The Scotland game in the 6 Nations this year, there was forwards passing out the back to the 10, 10 having 3 options to pass to. Where has that all gone, it's a win but play anyone else in the top 6 like that and would have lost.

I'll take the win all day long, especially after so many losses against the Aussies...

Reminded me a little of that 12 - 6 win vs South Africa back in 2014, which was Gat's first win vs SA and only his second SH scalp. That game was poor, but the result was a step in the right direction - hoping this result is the same!

That England losing to ABs makes you more elated than Wales' win over Australia is a sad reflection on you and shows you're not really a true rugby fan. Tell me when was the last time Wales beat the ABs?

I can't remember saying I was more elated at Englands loss than Wales's win! I was elated at the whole weekend's events. All of the home nations won..... 'cept England :). I've been watching rugby for best part of 45 yrs, and just because I might enjoy England losing (I'm Welsh by the way) doesn't mean I'm "not really a true rugby fan." And a big YAWN as to your last question. And that you see the need to ask such a trivial petulant question means that you sir are not really a true rugby fan :)

I can't remember saying I was more elated at Englands loss than Wales's win! I was elated at the whole weekend's events. All of the home nations won..... 'cept England :). I've been watching rugby for best part of 45 yrs, and just because I might enjoy England losing (I'm Welsh by the way) doesn't mean I'm "not really a true rugby fan." And a big YAWN as to your last question. And that you see the need to ask such a trivial petulant question means that you sir are not really a true rugby fan :)

Well d'uh; I couldn't have guessed you are Welsh:rolleyes:. But whatever makes you happy that England lost. I suppose you have to go back to your primal racist instincts of hating the English after the dross Wales produced to beat the worst Wallabies side in the Professional era.

FYI it was 1953 so 65 years since Wales beat the ABs. So well beyond your time as a true Rugby "fan." That should be burned into the memory of every true Welsh rugby fan.;)

Well d'uh; I couldn't have guessed you are Welsh:rolleyes:. But whatever makes you happy that England lost. I suppose you have to go back to your primal racist instincts of hating the English after the dross Wales produced to beat the worst Wallabies side in the Professional era.

FYI it was 1953 so 65 years since Wales beat the ABs. So well beyond your time as a true Rugby "fan." That should be burned into the memory of every true Welsh rugby fan.;)

LOL it always goes like this - an irate English 'fan' turning to insults and accusations and racist slurs - all I did was communicate my elation at the weekend events - I wasn't rude to anyone - didn't make it personal. My turn to roll the eyes. You lost on Saturday, we won, get over it! And thank you for that bit of completely useless information on when the Welsh beat the ABs last. Here's one for you, this should be quite easy - when did England last lose to the ABs? Answer - last Saturday!

LOL it always goes like this - an irate English 'fan' turning to insults and accusations and racist slurs - all I did was communicate my elation at the weekend events - I wasn't rude to anyone - didn't make it personal. My turn to roll the eyes. You lost on Saturday, we won, get over it! And thank you for that bit of completely useless information on when the Welsh beat the ABs last. Here's one for you, this should be quite easy - when did England last lose to the ABs? Answer - last Saturday!

I'm over it. Just can't stand certain Welsh posters like you who have to take happiness from England losing. It betrays a certain underlying racist attitude of "hating the English" expressed via sport. It's not based on how England played, which was very well, given the appalling conditions if you bothered watching the game.

But getting back on point of this thread. It doesn't mean you can take much enjoyment from Wales performance v the the Wallabies. Under a closed roof and no elements to affect the game. A win is win, but as other posters have also said it was a poor game from both sides.

LOL you're a funny guy! Wales win, England lose! Best 80 mins of my life - and that was the England game!

Yes, of course you weren't rude to anyone. And yes of course you were sticking to the thread and expressing your glee at England losing on a Wales v Australia thread, instead of the England v NZ thread.

I'm over it. Just can't stand certain Welsh posters like you who have to take happiness from England losing. It betrays a certain underlying racist attitude of "hating the English" expressed via sport. It's not based on how England played, which was very well, given the appalling conditions if you bothered watching the game.

But getting back on point of this thread. It doesn't mean you can take much enjoyment from Wales performance v the the Wallabies. Under a closed roof and no elements to affect the game. A win is win, but as other posters have also said it was a poor game from both sides.

Yes, of course you weren't rude to anyone. And yes of course you were sticking to the thread and expressing your glee at England losing on a Wales v Australia thread, instead of the England v NZ thread.

Oh stop whinging! And do what the gentleman in the post above asked. And yes England played well for 30 minutes but why then did they fail to score ANYTHING in the final 50 hmm? Over and out. DM me if you want to continue this pointless exchange.

Latest posts