• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Wales vs South Africa (24/11/18)

Didn't watch the beeb presentation of the Eng vz Oz game... watched it on sky (& believe it or not bud... they didn't mention Wales once... nor should they).

I just find it interesting that you choose to denigrate any perceived 'achievement' on the Wales vs SA thread but not on the Eng vs Oz thread. Maybe it's buried so far in your subconscious that you literally have no understanding of your perception (& need to comment on said perception).

Jesus Christ you're a mind reader now are you? Stop making up bullshit about what I'm thinking and being such a precious idiot. It had NOTHING to do with Wales and everything to do with Australia and South Africa falling away. As I already said, I posted it on this thread because this was the most recent NH vs SH game, I had this thread already open and was the one I was watching when I thought it.

Didn't watch the beeb presentation of the Eng vz Oz game... watched it on sky (& believe it or not bud... they didn't mention Wales once... nor should they).

I just find it interesting that you choose to denigrate any perceived 'achievement' on the Wales vs SA thread but not on the Eng vs Oz thread. Maybe it's buried so far in your subconscious that you literally have no understanding of your perception (& need to comment on said perception).

LOL @ rage rancher!

Game was good in patches, sloppy (by both teams) at other times. Rather a lot of handling errors. But at least Wales have rather more strength-in-depth than in the past, and no longer get into a massive sweat when they lose key players to injury. Imo the main decisive match-winner today for Wales was the replacement half-backs - the kicking of both Anscombe and Cawdor was often abysmal. In contrast, I am especially impressed by how Tomos Williams is developing, and Biggar's "steady and solid" style was just what was needed in the circumstances.

Jesus Christ you're a mind reader now are you? Stop making up bullshit about what I'm thinking and being such a precious idiot. It had NOTHING to do with Wales and everything to do with Australia and South Africa falling away. As I already said, I posted it on this thread because this was the most recent NH vs SH game, I had this thread already open and was the one I was watching when I thought it.

Well if that's the case go take your negativity next door!

Well if that's the case go take your negativity next door!

Er no, I can post where I want. Go take your paranoia elsewhere, you are the one dragging the conversation down with your victim complex.

No not 'mind' perse... but I can read between the lines and as much as you'd like to think... you're not so subtle!

Er no, I can post where I want. Go take your paranoia elsewhere, you are the one dragging the conversation down with your victim complex.

Dude I'm just pointing out that you need to 'lower' the achievement of a 'big 3 scalp' (your words not mine) one here but not on yours... it really does speak volumes.

No not 'mind' perse... but I can read between the lines and as much as you'd like to think... you're not so subtle!

Fine you just keep telling yourself that, you're the only one who sees it that way. I thought Wales performance was excellent and their defence was very impressive although they are lacking in attacking ability but yeah, keep playing some weird perception you have built in your head detached from anything I've actually said.

You're not allowed to talk about South Africa in the South Africa game thread, this is only for glowing praise of Wales.

Fine you just keep telling yourself that, you're the only one who sees it that way. I thought Wales performance was excellent and their defence was very impressive although they are lacking in attacking ability but yeah, keep playing some weird perception you have built in your head detached from anything I've actually said.

Right so:

"The way things are going, talk of the "big 3" SH scalps will be reduced to just NZ. I hope things turn around"

Being uploaded by yourself... on the Wales vs SA thread and NOT on the Eng vs Oz thread is all in my head.

Look dude, it's not my fault Wales aren't as s**t as the rest of the world hoped/perceived them to be... and I know it's probably really affected your positivity in the pre-Christmas build up... but tough t1tts!

It's probably because Australia haven't been a good side in a hot minute whereas South Africa looked to be turning around. Beating Australia isn't an achievement and no one acted like it is, either pre-game or post game.

You're not allowed to talk about South Africa in the South Africa game thread, this is only for glowing praise of Wales.

To be precise... he was talking about the lack of quality across the... his words 'big 3'! I just took exception to him bringing it up here but not in his own... suggesting (as CRAZY as it may seem) that it may be down to a little 'spin'!

Literally is crazy though.
Commenting on the state of the "big three" in the match thread for the final big three game to end isn't some sly dig at Wales, as much as you want it to be.

The South African (I Think he was, didn't catch name) commentator on the BBC mentioned that there was no shortage of cover for 2nd row in the Springbok pack, which made me think (yes it finally happened!)

SA seem to have a pack of 2nd rows, so were good at set piece and physicality.
Wales seem to have a pack of back rows which showed in turnovers and open play.

Was an interesting contrast.

I thought Anscombe did his job perfectly, was expansive, front foot and attack minded.
When things got a bit tough, then bringing on Biggar for more control was an excellent call.

Personally don't understand why some people think it's a sign of failure to switch tactics half way through a game. Surely, if needed, then it's a failure not to? (not referring to anyone I've read on here, just seems to be 'a thing' with some sections of punditry).

PS. @bushytop , I thought you were going mad, then realised you were replying to the doughnut I have blocked on here (You should try that button, it's great for irritant removal).

The South African (I Think he was, didn't catch name) commentator on the BBC mentioned that there was no shortage of cover for 2nd row in the Springbok pack, which made me think (yes it finally happened!)

SA seem to have a pack of 2nd rows, so were good at set piece and physicality.
Wales seem to have a pack of back rows which showed in turnovers and open play.

Was an interesting contrast.

I thought Anscombe did his job perfectly, was expansive, front foot and attack minded.
When things got a bit tough, then bringing on Biggar for more control was an excellent call.

Personally don't understand why some people think it's a sign of failure to switch tactics half way through a game. Surely, if needed, then it's a failure not to? (not referring to anyone I've read on here, just seems to be 'a thing' with some sections of punditry).

PS. @bushytop , I thought you were going mad, then realised you were replying to the doughnut I have blocked on here (You should try that button, it's great for irritant removal).

I will never 'ignore' or 'dislike' as I think disagreement is what this arena is all about. If you disagree with someone just clearly iterate why... eventually they have to go to sleep as its just too much.

Anyone know the extent of Ellis injury? Looked like a knee?!?!?!

He really showed up today as did Wainwright!

Just something of note, did Vermulen or De Toit roll away from the ball even once during the match? They were forever lying all over it killing the ball.

Parkes looks like he has retired and not told anyone yet!

Anscombe had a kicking off day and Biggar again fronted up. He just wont let go of that 10 shirt will he?!?!

Ok guess I will start this with the obligatory congratulations of the opponent.

Contrats Wales!

The NH has won the EOYT this year. It makes me even more keen for the World Cup so that the Springboks gets a chance to reprove themselves.

I guess we were fooling ourselves if we thought we were a top two side at this point in time. We are not there yet, it seemed so for a while but that might have been misguided. There is lots of positivity still however. The team is on the up in my opinion despite this loss.

It's not so much the performance that was dissapointing instead it was the fact that we are still conceding losses to nations that we have a historically positve record against.

Rugby union is still the number one sport in Many senses for our top schools, meaning they get all the prime talent, so I feel that we should now exactly be doing even better against NH sides in the general yet we seem to have a very negative recent record against Wales,England and Ireland.

I do believe it's a matter of time before we truly become a top 2 side again but at this point we are not and credit must be given to the current top 3 in the world, they really are there at the moment.

Wales was immense at the Breakdown, that's what made them better today. Also they have done better than any side I have see this year against the Boks on the advantage line.

Latest posts