• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 4: Australia v Argentina (15/09/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
140916065417362597.png

SxGOCQa.png
j7lEIMe.png
77TMMVD.png

Venue: Cbus Super Stadium
Time: 12:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Come On Argentina, dnt cry for me yet

I want you 2nd on the damn log after this game week

Come On Argentina, dnt cry for me yet

I want you 2nd on the damn log after this game week
Happens every single year. They look alright against the All Blacks, but still get thumped. Then fail to turn up in Aus.

The Rugby Championship runs to script painfully.

Probable Pumas line-up: http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/rugby/asoman-dos-cambios-en-los-pumas-ante-australia

1- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
2- Agustín Creevy
3- Santiago Medrano
4- Guido Petti
5- Tomás Lavanini
6- Pablo Matera
7- Marcos Kremer
8- Javier Ortega Desio

9- Gonzalo Bertranou
10- Nicolás Sánchez
11- Ramiro Moyano
12- Jerónimo de la Fuente
13- Matías Moroni
14- Bautista Delguy
15- Emiliano Boffelli

Last edited:
Every year i said the same, we should focus on AUS/SA and put a second string with AB. We are always drained mentally and psychically after that match.

Every year i said the same, we should focus on AUS/SA and put a second string with AB. We are always drained mentally and psychically after that match.
Not really in the spirit of good sportmanship. But i kind of agree. To be honest i don't get why SA rested players against Aus for the ABs game. Should have been the other way around.

Wallabies team to face Argentina
1. Scott Sio (48 Tests)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (85 Tests)
3. Allan Alaalatoa (26 Tests)
4. Rory Arnold (16 Tests)
5. Izack Rodda (10 Tests)
6. Lukhan Tui (10 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (c) (85 Tests)
8. David Pocock (72 Tests)
9. Will Genia (93 Tests)
10. Kurtley Beale (77 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (14 Tests)
12. Matt Toomua (36 Tests)
13. Reece Hodge (30 Tests)
14. Israel Folau (66 Tests)
15. Dane Haylett-Petty (24 Tests)

Reserves
16. Folau Faingaa (2 Tests)
17. Sekope Kepu (96 Tests)
18. Taniela Tupou (5 Tests)
19. Adam Coleman (25 Tests)
20. Pete Samu (6 Tests)
21. Nick Phipps (66 Tests)
22. Bernard Foley (61 Tests)
23. Jack Maddocks (3 Tests)

Folau to wing (FINALLY) is a good move. DHP is a far better fullback and Folau a far better strike winger than Maddocks.

Pocock back and one hell of a bench should see us get over Argentina.

Hmm, i kinda like our odds. It's not as if we need the game of our lives to win this. Playing tidy and a with a bit of luck here and there this game should be up for grabs. De la Fuente and Moroni will be key for us, as usual.
I don't like folau as wing tho.

Tough one to call. Normally you'd say the Wallabies by 10/15+ but I think the Pumas are gonna make this a lot more difficult than Australian fans are used to. Would be delighted with a Pumas win and not 100% surprised either. At the same time one kind of just expects the Wallabies to win. Should be the best game of the tournament so far, IMO (hardly a difficult feat this year...).

Really hard game to call. I'd say the Pumas have played the better rugby this tournament, so maybe they'll win. Kind of hope they do, but unless you're the All Blacks, away wins in the RC don't seem to happen very often.

teams often use up all their gas vs the all blacks then can't get up for the next match the following weekend cause they're knackered, although argetina are probably better than aussie at the moment, i cant see them winning away from home after a big effort vs the ab's last week

aus by 8 and under

If Aus play like they did last week I think there's a fair chance they are going to lose. They definitely have the team to beat the Argies at home though, if they perform.
Tupou is exactly what the doctor ordered for the Aussies, their tight five is really looking good. If they get their s#$% together they could be world beaters.

New
Hooper is injured, hamstring. Samu in.

Pocock is captain now, right?

That may help the Wallabies with penalties. The commentators mentioned last week that Aus haven't conceded less penalties than their opposition in a single game, and I wonder if that has much to do with Hooper's manner with refs. He is quite confrontational, a bit like Cheika. Pocock on the other hand, has a better manner with refs in my opinion. Just a thought.

Latest posts