• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Quarter-Finals: 20-21 July 2018

Pretty sure no one was suprised with what the saders brought to the table today. We all expected that.
Having said that, a LOT of what could go wrong for the sharks did. Some was self inflicted but some was just bad luck. Not their best performance, but they gave it all. Heads up high.

A staggeringly inept and insipid performance from the Sharks, lacking in adaptation and belief. Hopefully next year we will be a bit more intelligent with our game management and a bit less careless with our regular season.

The ref was shocking at times but was never the difference, though I'd like to see neutrals in the semis and final to avoid any more raised eyebrows. (even Glen Jackson got flack for being an ex chiefs player and the Canes won!)

Credit to the well oiled machine that is the Crusaders, they'll be a lot better next week I reckon and are going to be hard to stop.

Here's hoping the Lions have a ripper in their final!

Last edited:
Three tries in 6 minutes for the Tahs, now leading the Highlanders by 4 points with 20 minutes to go.

Great game of rugby, the Ozzie big guns performed brilliantly in that second half... amazing.

Good for the tournament that the semi-finals won't just be full of New Zealand sides, even though I'm a fan of all four New Zealand sides that made the quarters.

We choaked....I'm shaking with frustration, get the yellow card and then stuff around, where was the energy? Where were either of the smiths with the quick tap and go...down by 7 and wastin time with a scrum is criminal

The hubris of assuming we'd score a try and level things is shocking! Even taking the three and getting the ball Back would have been better!

Is there any place where I can watch the Jaguared game by streaming? Im in Montenegro and want to kill myself I cant watch it!!

With our back 3 defending like that it s a miracle we re on the play offs

24 -6 behind, penalty in their 22 and we go for posts...

It was a good call. You are getting tore apart in those scrums. 3 points, close the gap and lets play 2nd half.

edit: Told ya! Was the right move, we are in game again!!

Last edited:
the arg comentator coscia uses the same word for Jantjies and Sanchez!

It was a good call. You are getting tore apart in those scrums. 3 points, close the gap and lets play 2nd half.
18 points behind. 2 tries and a penalty still doesnt cover it.
And i wasnt thinking of scrum, i was thinking of kick and line.
Sure, its risky, but when you are 18 pts behind against the lions in joburg at almost half time you need to take chances.

Well, they did close the gap, but then they made costly mistakes and Lions wont forgive you. Overall i have mixed feelings. Happy because we reach farther than ever but sour taste cause we made mistakes that cost us the game. Welp, hopefully this will translate into the next year!

Latest posts