• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Quarter-Finals: 20-21 July 2018

Congrats Lions.
We gave it a shot but again, it's impossible to compete at this level when your back three couldn't catch a cold. Boffelli's blunders on the first two tries were just out of this world.
We need to sort that out fast.

The jaguares have progressed well, it is an extremely painful team to play.
Congratulations and good luck to Lions.

Congrats Lions.
We gave it a shot but again, it's impossible to compete at this level when your back three couldn't catch a cold. Boffelli's blunders on the first two tries were just out of this world.

yes but it's more the unforced errors. those that lions didn't. do.
the try where bonfelly got completely off target all started with an unforced knock on by lezana. then the unforced pass by bertranou intercepted by marx. IMO the malfunctioning scrum and these errors and knock ons where a bigger problem than the back 3 decence. which wasnt solid of course.

Which club has the most All Blacks?

I've seen the Hurricanes twice and I recognized five or six guys

Hmm, not sure petite.
I agree with you that we made those mistakes, but there ain't a player who i consistently see knocking the ball, nor i see bertranou consistently throwing intercepts or hospital passes.
I do see that every 2 games a missed tackle from back 3 that ends up in a try.
Watch the highlights of the game against the lions in joburg from round 2, and you will see the same people missing the tackles.

The only other player that i could single out before this was Lavanini and discipline and he's changed.

Congrats Lions.
You lost because about three times on attack you refused to go further wide than a tight forward pod. Combine that with your shocking attacking ruck security and you failed to finish at least three definite opportunities. It's particularly ridiculous because you were making constant ground out wide, but as soon as you got close to the line you closed up.

Marx had a field day against your loose forwards. What a player he is. Plays like a loose forward, but scrums and throws too.

My prediciton:

Lions to be losing finalists third year running to Crusaders.

You lost because about three times on attack you refused to go further wide than a tight forward pod. Combine that with your shocking attacking ruck security and you failed to finish at least three definite opportunities. It's particularly ridiculous because you were making constant ground out wide, but as soon as you got close to the line you closed up.
Lions scored 40 points against us and according to you our problem was offense and not defense.
Genius.

My prediciton:

Lions to be losing finalists third year running to Crusaders.

If the Tahs can put two half's of rugby together akin to the second half yesterday, I would have them beating the lions (even in SA). In Beales, Folau (when on form) they have an attacking game which can break almost any defensive line, even if well organised... and fair play to Foley, if the other two play well he seems to be in just the right place at the right time to collect the points.

Still think the saders would beat them in the final though, fairly convincingly too.

Tahs can definitely score points against this Lions team and lots of them. I would however be very concerned of getting brutalized up front, the Jags pack barely held on, and it's a weakness of the Tahs

edit: Malcom Marx is really good at rugby. Literally feels like he was worth 14-21 points in his game with all of his vital turnovers on the Lions 5 meter and his intercept.

Last edited:
edit: Malcom Marx is really good at rugby. Literally feels like he was worth 14-21 points in his game with all of his vital turnovers on the Lions 5 meter and his intercept.

Not sure about his points worth per game (you may be correct just not sure) but I do agree that he is 'really good at rugby'. Best hooker in the game for me.

Sorry for another question, but I was listening to the Short Ball podcast and I thought they were mentioning players mandatorily sitting out a week or here there. Did I hear that correct? Some players have to take a week off? Thanks.

Sorry for another question, but I was listening to the Short Ball podcast and I thought they were mentioning players mandatorily sitting out a week or here there. Did I hear that correct? Some players have to take a week off? Thanks.

Yeah, AB's have to take two weeks off during the regular season to protect them

i think its sad we dont see AB's playing NPC anymore let alone starting to miss them in Super Rugby.

I rather have less internationals and get to see the best players playing for their local teams.

ditch the june tests and make the rugby championship four yearly like the euros in football and the the AB's playing domestic rugby more

i think its sad we dont see AB's playing NPC anymore let alone starting to miss them in Super Rugby.

I rather have less internationals and get to see the best players playing for their local teams.

ditch the june tests and make the rugby championship four yearly like the euros in football and the the AB's playing domestic rugby more

Your problem there Jabby and why it will never occur is...........$$$$$$$$$$$$. Those Tests you are wanting to axe are what bring in the big bucks, which allows NZRugby to keep at least a few of their best players in NZ instead of having them depart for club rugby in France.

Latest posts