• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 11: Blues vs. Jaguares (28/04/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

rBDTSON.jpg
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
q12RYgu.jpg

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Well im going with Jags. They got 2 wins in a row against good teams and they know a won here can put us near that 2nd place. Jags by 10.

I couldn't predict a winner at the Jags last match as I thought the Brumbies were a slight step up on the Rebels (as they were showing better form). Same again here as the Blues are a step up on the Brumbies despite their fragility. This is a coin toss for me.

Jags are on a clear high and playing some fine rugby. Blues are again nowhere this season, from brilliant to poor in a few moments
This is the best time ever to beat them

this a great oportunity to get that first win vs a nz team. it wont come easy, they will have to do their best and hope for the blues to be in a bad day.

I think that this game will be tight. It will be a good test of the depth that the Jags have.

There is an extent to which I think that the Blues have been unlucky and have just been lacking some cutting edge and gotten unpunished for their mistakes.

I hope that the Jags win though. I badly want the Jags to finish strong and gain some confidence for the Pumas.

Even if they want to save him if the match is contested the pressure may get to them.

Jags have every chance to win this, that said - third match on tour after putting together two massive performances already is a VERY tough ask.
Real pity for the Jags this isn't at home, will be cheering for them.

Creevy's try with the maul at 12 min.
Jags must have patience specially with Ioane at the Sin Bin.

My God. The ball is like a soap with the rainy weather.

Two tries for Blues, one for Jags. No one conversion. 10-5.

nice to see our scrum dominate. it's been a long time..

I'm going loco!
great from the jags! 3 away wins in a row.
nice to see our fowards dominate. we got lucky with the weather. but I can see ledesmas old school rugby. the scrum is back to the arg style. (scond row holding props waist.)
good game for Kramer and petty, the first row. solid defense overall.
bertranou is the starter.
we use to loose these games..
now chill and watch crusaders

It sounds almost like Umaga will be shown the door if the Blues lose to the Jaguares.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/blues-set-to-make-coaching-decision/

Whether the players will fight like lions to save him or will roll over and wave him goodbye is anyone's guess.

The Blues are utter garbage, goodbye Umaga. Well done Jags big result for them

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got, or as Albert Einstein said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results".

Firing the coach has been an utter failure for the Blues, and that is because this team's sub-par performances have nothing to do with the coach... none of this is Tana's fault. The Blues have had plenty of very good coaches over the last few years (Pam Lam, John Kirwan, David Nucifora) yet they have gone nowhere (their last Championship was under Peter Sloan in 2003)

The fault lies with a crappy Auckland rugby setup. Many Rugby players in the region (Northland, Auckland, North Harbour) simply aren't interested in playing for the franchise, evident by the number of players that go to other teams. There are nine current, contracted Blues Region players in the other four NZ franchises (plus Nicky Little and Robbie Robinson at the Sunwolves). There are also another 19 players at those other franchises who came through the Auckland 1A school competition. Add to that, the number of kids that come through that 1A system and who end up with NRL contracts, and you have what should be the strongest franchise in NZ being the weakest.

None of this is the coaches fault... he can only work with what he's got.

Latest posts