• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 10: Bulls vs. Rebels (21/04/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

0fxNQrK.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Y55uszV.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Mostly watchable game I thought.

If the Rebels could've kept the scoreboard ticking over a little more in the 1st half then I think that the game would have kept more structure in the 2nd and not disintegrated as much.

Impressed by the Bulls overall enterprising play.

Good to see another try resulting from some creative Bulls kicking. Mitchell not impressed by the Rebels play style, quote:

"It is certainly not a presentable fabric of this awesome game in a way that it can be played."*

Burn! He's only been back in Africa a few months and he is fluent in Swahili!

*swahili for, "they are boring, defensive time wasters"

I expected more from the Rebels. They were very negative at times.

Disappointing to watch, the Rebels didn't show up in SA as usual. Take nothing away from the Bulls they outmuscled the Rebels and just ran over the top of them in the first half.

Good to see another try resulting from some creative Bulls kicking. Mitchell not impressed by the Rebels play style, quote:

"It is certainly not a presentable fabric of this awesome game in a way that it can be played."*

Burn! He's only been back in Africa a few months and he is fluent in Swahili!

*swahili for, "they are boring, defensive time wasters"

Haha, you know that Swahili is not one of our official languages??

But I have to agree with Mitchell here, the Rebels were very negative, and there was this one marathon session that went from end to end to end that broke the camel's back. There was no way that the Rebels would have been able to keep that intensity going in the second half at altitude, so they resorted to stall tactics.

Latest posts