• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 11: Hurricanes vs. Sunwolves (27/04/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

yVAZL2m.jpg
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
1pm3eTL.jpg

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Vince Aso must be my favorite NZ player
Bit of a lazy game from the Canes, part from last 10 minutes

Was at the game so didn't have the luxury of listening on TV, but what the hell was the TMO thinking with the disallowed try involving the Ardie clean out??? Seemed legit to me, incredibly soft...

Agreed match suffered under an over eager TMO

Yeah tmo nterfered way too much but canes still sucked. Ardie should've known better

Ardie should've known better
But did he actually do anything wrong? Didn't look like it to me... I put that solely on the officials.
On the whole though it was a frustrating sort of game for sure... just couldn't get any momentum going due to a combo of TMO interference and the Sunwolves spending a lot of time in our half.
When we did get the ball in their half I thought we were actually very good and the last few minutes showed that when the game did get a bit of cohesion we were a class above. Great to see NMS back and unscathed (feel sorry for Dagg)! Looking forward to the Lions!

But did he actually do anything wrong? Didn't look like it to me... I put that solely on the officials.
look every kid these days is being told you have to tackle from the armpits down. ardie was a bit overzealous but he's a pro and needs to adapt to the "not so new" laws.
julianSavea still isnt up to scratch in my book. that try he got showed the clumsiest step ive ever seen. luckily the wolves over pursued and sailed right past him

The TMO is killing my passion for professional rugby. I much prefer the match down at the local park with the Ref the sole adjudicator. Sure he makes mistakes, but they generally even out. To be honest, I would accept a return to the days of Wayne Barnes missing the French forward pass, if it meant we didn't have to put up with interfering TMO's.

Latest posts