• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 10: Waratahs vs. Lions (20/04/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

cZLaAJf.jpg
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
D5pB5Yt.gif

Venue: Allianz Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I have both sides as my favourites for their respective conferences so I'd like to see some quality here. A sign that they can both give a NZ side a bloody nose.

No reason why the Lions shouldn't be able to dig out a win here. They had a bye last week, so they should be well rested and prepared for this game.

They will still be without Whiteley though...

This game really screams "SUPER RUGBY" to me. Top SH clash of two big time sides.

I would pip the Lions to win as well but Swys mentioned something about leaving later in the week so that they could beat the 'Tahs before the jet lag sets in.

That didn't make much sense to me. I think that the Lions will be too quick for the 'Tahs but travel will be a factor I think.

I'd give the Lions the edge usually but the SA teams have criminally under-performed in Aus, should be a great match! Pretty exciting weekend this week.

This game really screams "SUPER RUGBY" to me. Top SH clash of two big time sides.

I would pip the Lions to win as well but Swys mentioned something about leaving later in the week so that they could beat the 'Tahs before the jet lag sets in.

That didn't make much sense to me. I think that the Lions will be too quick for the 'Tahs but travel will be a factor I think.

Many Saffa teams have been doing this late travel thing recently to Australia, and I can't see any positive or negative effect for doing this. So maybe it will work.

I'm interested to see how Nic Groom will slot in, and how he'll be playing alongside Elton Jantjies.

Many Saffa teams have been doing this late travel thing recently to Australia, and I can't see any positive or negative effect for doing this. So maybe it will work.

I'm interested to see how Nic Groom will slot in, and how he'll be playing alongside Elton Jantjies.

Travel planning appears to be working so far. Defense good in first half and now starting to control the game. We'll see how it ends but pretty impressed so far.

Tahs must get rid of Ray White, seen how many tackles he missed, scary man I tell you

Only caught the first half but Lions are such an entertaining side to watch, They're so all or nothing.
Spent large parts of the first half under the kosh but were still flinging the ball about with reckless abandon. First try was a beauty as well, can definitely tell Faf de Klerk came to us from there, He's set up a number of tries the exact same way this season

The Waratahs just go schooled. That scoreline is impressive, especially after how dominant the Tahs were the first 20 minutes.

Malcolm Marx is just a beast.

The Oz side with most points gets nilled at home by a non-kiwi side. Painful. Glad to see the Lions are holding on to some of their mojo.

I thought the Lions were good, but they got a bit away with murder in the first half. First 40 min it looked as if EJ was having "one of those days". He was awful. Terrible stuff from him.
Then the typical Lions game: nothing spectacular but they are incredibly good at transforming every single ridiculously minor mistake from the opposition into points. Frustrates opponents to death. The look from the tah's after the second try spoke volumes.
And they tend to have incredibly strong 2Hs.

Lions don't always get your number but once they do they never (Blues game was an anomaly) let go and exploit your weaknesses clinically.

46th minute Michael Hooper loses an uncontested breakdown over a scrum half...

...thank God David Pocock is back.

Jeezus.... I expected the 'Tahs to win this... but they were pants!!!

Latest posts