• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 12: Chiefs vs. Jaguares (04/05/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

vjKuIU4.gif
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
q12RYgu.jpg

Venue: Rotorua International Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Well, now i have to believe that we can go 4 out of 4. I dont know how tired the players will be but if we can control the line and Scrum we have the firepower to win this.

Jags by 5

Nah, bridge too far.

There is a big difference between the 4 other NZ franchises and the Blues.
Good luck to the Jagaures though! Be proud of what you've accomplished already, 3/4 in Australasia is incredible!

too much for jags imo. maybe at home. After this long tour they must be exhausted. hope they can deliver.
chifs by 15 (i´ll be happily wrong)

This is where the good run will come to an end.
Too many changes to the side, especially with Creevy on the bench

Jaguares

1-Santiago García Botta
2-Julián Montoya
3-Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
4-Guido Petti
5-Tomás Lavanini
6-Tomás Lezana
7-Marcos Kremer
8-Javier Ortega Desio
9-Gonzalo Bertranou
10-Nicolás Sánchez
11-Emiliano Boffelli
12-Jerónimo De la Fuente
13-Matías Orlando
14-Ramiro Moyano
15-Joaquín Tuculet

Replacements: 16-Agustín Creevy, 17-Javier Díaz, 18-Santiago Medrano, 19-Matías Alemanno, 20-Leonardo Senatore, 21-Martín Landajo, 22-Santiago González Iglesias, 23-Juan Cruz Mallía

Chiefs

1 Karl Tu'inukuafe
2 Liam Polwart
3 Angus Ta'avao
4 Michael Allardice
5 Tyler Ardron
6 Lachlan Boshier/Luke Jacobson
7 Sam Cane (c)
8 Liam Messam
9 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi
10 Damian McKenzie
11 Solomon Alaimalo
12 Alex Nankivell
13 Anton Lienert-Brown
14 Toni Pulu
15 Charlie Ngatai

Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Jeff Thwaites, 19 Luke Jacobson/Jesse Parete, 20 Pita Gus Sowakula, 21 Brad Weber, 22 Marty McKenzie, 23 Levi Aumua

this'll be a good game. jags with their tails up and going in with heaps of momentum
i think tho the chiefs will have what it takes to first counter then beat the jags...i hope.

Looks like after three years that the Jags have finally acclimatized to Super rugby. Their recent performances including the first half against the Chiefs looks promising for the hopes of the national team.
Creevy on the bench might pay of when the Jags need the experience in the closing stages.

Well, now i have to believe that we can go 4 out of 4. I dont know how tired the players will be but if we can control the line and Scrum we have the firepower to win this.

Jags by 5

This is turning out to be an excellent prediction, but the scrum will decide this unless Ledesma can sort it out at half time. The Jaguares have been wonderfully disciplined in attack and defence, but I think the Chiefs were a little out of sorts in the first half and may pull away. Good quality contest though.

Horrific all round play from Orlando and the Jaguares blew it against 13 men. They are being fortunate with the 50/50 calls but I still think they should be looking to close this out.

Outstanding by Los Jaguares.

Has any South African Super Rugby team come to Australia and New Zealand and won all four matches?

They go home now and they are going to be very hard to knock over in Argentina

The South African/Argentinian conference looks like its going to be the closest Super rugby conference this year.
Almost nothing separates the teams placed 2-5 on the conference log. If Sharks can beat the Highlanders tomorrow then we have a competition on our hands!

I was about to post something before the game but i decided not to jinx it. Save it thou and i know it's a bit unfair to make the call with tomorrow's newspaper but i still believe it

"If we win this (big if) we actually have a shot not only at making it to the play off but to actually win the conference".

The improvement in defense has been MASSIVE. With the exception of that dissallowed try they have been amazing.
Scrum is a disaster, but it is one i believe we have all the tools to fix (decent front rowers and coach). Time to rest and use home advantage now!

Unbelievably happy.

They must have made a change at defensive coach? This can't all be Ledesma surely? I would caution that I still think the Chiefs are the 4th strongest Kiwi side, clearly a little behind the Highlanders. But still, the Jaguares looked the marginally superior side for long periods of play.

2 weeks ago I thought, "Jaguares have a chance of reaching playoffs".
1 week ago I thought, "Jaguares will reach playoffs"
Today I think, "Jaguares can be dangerous in the playoffs"

2 years overdue, but finally they have arrived.

"If we win this (big if) we actually have a shot not only at making it to the play off but to actually win the conference".

Winning the conference is not out of the question. Entirely possible especially as the Jags have now finished the Australasian tour.

It will be big, thick beef steaks for the lads tonight, and all washed down with couple of large glasses of Trapiche Broquel-Malbec 2011

Winning a lot of hearts and new fans, congrats team Jaguares

Latest posts