• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 15: 25-26 May 2018

Yea one win out of 41 and people are saying that the Aussies will extend their record of wins against NZ opposition from the current streak of 1 to a massive 3. I guess it shows that rugby supporters really want the Aussies to be competitive again.​
cmon unrated thats a whole 1 in a row!! wheres your blind faith?!?
cracked me up all the articles on RoarRugby saying that the flood gates will now open. puh lease

Hurricanes to beat Crusaders: too much firepower in that backline.
i love your enthusiasm!
my heart says canes but my head will always say crusaders.
foolishly, as ever, i follow my heart; more pain but heaps more fun .
GO THE CANES

for those thinking the Highlanders will beat the Reds...rumor has it we'll be resting ALL our AB's...so that's smith, smith, frizzel, whitelock, squire and Naholo.....i'm nervous

Wasn't expecting naholo but still some changes in there...change anyone's picks?

Attachments

• 8F276427-2888-4653-88AD-452E8D2E2E38.jpeg
    8F276427-2888-4653-88AD-452E8D2E2E38.jpeg
    610.1 KB · Views: 4
The Chiefs are fielding arguably their strongest team of the season for the match against the Waratahs - should be a treat!

1. Karl Tu'inukuafe, 2. Nathan Harris, 3. Angus Ta'avao, 4. Brodie Retallick, 5. Michael Allardice, 6. Luke Jacobson, 7. Mitchell Karpik, 8. Liam Messam, 9. Brad Weber, 10. Damian McKenzie, 11. Sean Wainui, 12. Anton Lienert-Brown, 13. Charlie Ngatai (C), 14. Toni Pulu, 15. Solomon Alaimalo.
Reserves: 16. Samisoni Taukei'aho, 17. Sam Prattley, 18. Jeff Thwaites, 19. Jesse Parete, 20. Matt Matich, 21. Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22. Marty McKenzie, 23. Shaun Stevenson.

Last edited:
Sharks Coach on the Jaguares game:

"It's everything to play for. We are desperate to win this game," he said.

"There is no breathing space at this stage of the campaign.

"We're well rested and ready to go."

(Quotes sourced from News 24)

It is pretty much desperation time for the Sharks, winning this match is huge, it's an 8 point swing against a direct rival.
You've got to imagine that if the Jaguares win this game they basically have a top 2 finish in the conference sewn up.

That means the Sharks have to HOPE that the Aussie teams keep losing in order to have half a shot at qualifying.
Huge game. Crusaders vs Hurricanes might be the game of the round in terms of quality, but in terms of it's relevance to the competition and how it shakes out this game is bigger.

I think there is potential in every match this week for the favourite to lose their match. I'll definitely try to catch some action if the sun goes away.

Sunwolves team vs Rebels:
%E5%9B%B321.png

I just find it so frustrating watching the Sunwolves at times. They just try to overplay and begin to force the ball when they don't need to and kill any attacking opportunity they have.
Little throwing the ball into touch shoes that. If you have an advantage then take those kind of risks.

Saumaki though, absolutely brilliant at times.

Que envidia!
I just walked half the city to find myself some empanadas to celebrate the 25th.
Got myself a plethora of brews for the game too.
As ready as i could be for tonight's game. Can't wait.

Jaja, I'm cooking a braai, bbq, asado in this holiday.

It seems that there are four tribunes enabled of the six that this stadium has. One more than the past weekend where there were 11,354 spectators.
I hope today could be close to 15,000.

Good intensity from both the Jags and Sharks so far. Sharks did a great job at stopping that rolling maul.

Edit: I gotta say I don't like the Jags tactic of not forming a lineout straight up...

Good intensity from both the Jags and Sharks so far. Sharks did a great job at stopping that rolling maul.

Edit: I gotta say I don't like the Jags tactic of not forming a lineout straight up...

it has to be a western hemisphere thing... every club (at serious levels of rugby) does it here. In the US you are supposed to pause before the throw but that's not always enforced. I agree that it is very annoying.

Vamo nenes! What a try!!

Agree on the annoying thing of the lines.

Latest posts