• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 15: 25-26 May 2018

can we get a baabaas jags game?

both tries have shown amazing field vision

Jags are playing very well. Sharks butchered a number of things before that Jags try but some good decision making from them to capitalise

Sharks are looking a bit robotic in their structure. They seem to have no appetite for using the ball in their own half

Jaguares just looked like a solid, good side in the first half. They are probably second only to the Crusaders in the competition in terms of consistency at this point.

Mapimpi into his 15th consecutive month of professional rugby :(

I still fancy the Jags this year in a tight contest even though they have blown a couple of chances. Credit for the Sharks for making a game of it from 17-0 down.

Let go jags!!! Botha did a silly red card no need for that

That card was a bit harsh imo. You'd get that in every 3rd ruck. Jags thoroughly deserve their lead though

At last another bonus point!.
Six wins in a row. well done Jags.

Some real pressure on the Lions now. Jaguares have the third most wins in the competition now behind only the Canes and Crusaders (although others have games in hand).

I think the Sharks will offer something if they can sneak into the playoffs, but I guess they'll have to win their remaining games to do that (which sounds possible).

Jaguares to win Super Rugby?

I'm officially on board the hype train.
They could even get a home semi if the Lions lose a game or two.

That catch by Folau was phenomenal. It's quite rare to see someone jumb and grab the ball with fully extended upward arms.

Thought that fwd pass against the tahs was bullshit too. Just saying.

Crusaders v Hurricanes
I'd have to call this a triumph over adversity. Eight players missing from their starting line-up, including two missing front line props) the eleventh hour withdrawal of their key ball running forward (Jordan Taufua) and yet the Crusaders more than held their own up front and effectively shut down the Hurricanes very talented back-line.

Sure, the weather helped the Crusaders, but adapting to the conditions is part of the game; its a winter sport, and we are getting close to winter. The Hurricanes kicked more from hand, but the Crusaders tactical kicking was clearly superior (IMO Richie Mo'unga clearly outplayed Beauden Barrett), The conditions demanded they keep the ball close and that is what they did; they looked after the ball better and they they mauled better (8/9 v 0/0). The Hurricanes had superior tackle stats, but the Crusaders tackles were overall more effective. Finally, the Hurricanes discipline let them down; a couple of Jordie Barrett's ****ly off the ball acts of foul play were totally unnecessary. They could also have easily scored a couple more tries.

Anyone watching the red highlanders? How was that second scrum penalty not boring in?! The red tight head was basically at right angles to the scrum!

Latest posts