sMF6Yxy.png

VENUE: Emirates Airlines Park
TIME: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT +2)

0votoCs.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

VENUE: Jonsson Kings Park
TIME: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT +2)​

Ledesma put a second team in training to face the Sharks, with ten changes since the last game.

1- Diaz
2- Montoya
3- Medrano
4- Lavanini
5- Alemanno
6- Matera
7- Kremer
8- Leguizamón

9- Landajo
10- Diaz Bonilla
11- Delguy
12- Ezcurra
13- Moroni
14- Cancelliere
15- Moyano

Last edited:
So the permutations are that its between the Rebels, Brumbies and Sharks for the 8th spot, while the top 7 spots are all but a shoe-in. But the Jags can still drop to 8th if they lose their match against the Sharks, and the Rebels win their match.

There are a few spots where the top 8 might have a bit of movement with regards to positions depending on what happens this coming weekend. And interesting enough, only the Reds vs. Sunwolves and Crusaders vs. Blues match will have no bearing on the log and the positions of the final 8. Every other match will have an effect on the final 8, and could have a massive impact on whether teams will need to travel to other time zones for the QF's.

For example. If the Brumbies beat the Waratahs, without the Tah's getting a bonus point, and the Lions beat the Bulls, then the Lions will take 2nd spot ahead of the Tahs, and that could determine where the opposing teams play their QF, either in Oz or SA.

As usual, a SA ref in SA matches.
Good luck Rasta!.

Sharks
15. Curwin Bosch
14. Kobus van Wyk
13. Lukhanyo Am
12. Andre Esterhuizen
11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Robert du Preez
9. Louis Schreuder
8. Daniel du Preez
7. Jacques Vermeulen
6. Philip van der Walt
5. Ruan Botha (captain)
4. Tyler Paul
3. Thomas du Toit
2. Akker van der Merwe
1. Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes:
16. Chiliboy Ralepelle
17. Juan Schoeman
18. John-Hubert Meyer
19. Hyron Andrews
20. Wian Vosloo
21. Cameron Wright
22. Marius Louw
23. Makazole Mapimpi

And NZ ref in NZ matches and AUS ref in AUS matches...

nothing new or suspicious here...
And why did you make so much tantrum the only time that an argie ref was named to arbitrate in Buenos Aires?. Double standard?. Ok.

Last edited:
gamon canes! this is it. this is where it starts. lets do it

And why did you make so much tantrum the only time that an argie ref was named to arbitrate in Buenos Aires?. Double standard?. Ok.

Ugh!

It's like talking to a brick wall here. Please go and read my posts in that thread again. No double standard, as I said in that thread, I had no issue with the Nationality of the referee, but more so about the standard of the referee.

I even conceded after the match that the referee did a good job.

So what's the issue here????

Chi v Hur, min 62, two Chiefs players tackle a Cane player, one of them makes direct contact with his shoulder to the head, exactly the same way two bulls' players did on Lavanini last round.
Last weekend against us that was a penalty only offense, but now it's a RC.

Apparently if you bring this up on this forum you are labeled a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist by those whose added value is "Ugh", "nothing new or suspicious here" and "so what's the issue here".

Ugh!

It's like talking to a brick wall here. Please go and read my posts in that thread again. No double standard, as I said in that thread, I had no issue with the Nationality of the referee, but more so about the standard of the referee.

I even conceded after the match that the referee did a good job.

So what's the issue here????

cruz del sur:
But you being worrying about it implies some sort of an underlying theory, otherwise i do not understand your point.
What is that theory? That jaguares somehow has enough leverage to out-muscle bulls and SARU at SANZAAR to purposefully appoint a ref that will favour us, after being reffed by non Argentine, non-spanish speaking refs for 41 consecutive games in 3 seasons?

Sounds like a bit of a stretch.

TRF-heineken:
No, I think you are missing the point based on what happened the past few weeks with regard to other referees of the same nationality in charge of matches where they helped the teams of their own nationality to win.

There has been an outcry, especially from SA teams, Coaches and Pundits. And this move by SANZAAR just makes everyone wonder what exactly is going on? And why this sort of influential decision on a match is done perhaps to the detriment of a South African team.

here`s the doble standard you where wondering.. and when we wonder we are agressive o conspirative.

Chi v Hur, min 62, two Chiefs players tackle a Cane player, one of them makes direct contact with his shoulder to the head, exactly the same way two bulls' players did on Lavanini last round.
Last weekend against us that was a penalty only offense, but now it's a RC.

Apparently if you bring this up on this forum you are labeled a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist by those whose added value is "Ugh", "nothing new or suspicious here" and "so what's the issue here".

completely agreeed we didint have to wait to much to find an example

I have had my say about this Merit Based Referee Selection system; I disagree with it. Referees in SANZAR should only be refereeing two types of matches; those in which the nationality of both teams are the same as his, and those in which the nationality of neither team are the same as his.

I have no issues that referee's are, or would be, intentionally biased, I just do not like the public perception that they might be.... the optics are terrible IMO. In any match were the referee is the same nationality as only one of the teams, the moment there is a controversial decision that goes against the other team, the first thing the fans do is say "Oh look, the referee is favouring the team from his own country". Its hard enough being a referee without having the additional pressure of being scrutinised as to potential bias. Even when I was refereeing at club level, I never refereed my own former club, and on the odd occasions where I was appointed to such a match, I would call in and get it changed, or arrange a swap with another referee.

Heartbreaking stuff. Rebels remind me of Jaguares' first season. Glimpses of brilliance but mentally weak and awful second halves.

Brumbies tearing the tahs a new one.
This is terrible for us. I liked our odds against the tahs, not so much against the lions.

Jeezus that is an outstanding try from the Brumbies 33-10 now... this could be a real shellacking

Brumbies tearing the tahs a new one.
This is terrible for us. I liked our odds against the tahs, not so much against the lions.
Jags will minimize travel this way. They play the Sharks this weekend in South Africa and instead of flying to Sydney from Durban on Monday, they can have a nice cocktail on the Durban beach before heading to Johannesburg on thursday.

I considered 3 things

1) Travel
2) Strength of opposition
3) Home advantage

Sure, tahs are far away but i think the Lions are the better team and Joburg is not harder than Sydney imo. We tend to have terrible second halves and height will make matters even worse.

Having said that, and after watching the first 15 minutes of Lio v Bul, i might have to stand corrected.
I dont think we are favourites vs either, but i do think we have a fair shot against both. The tahs today were awful, bloody awful.

Latest posts