• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 2: Lions vs. Jaguares (24/02/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

D5pB5Yt.gif
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
q12RYgu.jpg

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I guess come Saturday you will know exactly where you stand after facing the Lions

How much rotation are the Lions doing this match? Going for the jugular or just the minimum effort necessary to chase the runt away?

How much rotation are the Lions doing this match? Going for the jugular or just the minimum effort necessary to chase the runt away?
I have my doubts the Lions will rest anyone, they have only rested players when travelling to Argentina over the last 2 years and you could argue that strategy backfired, Lions take games at Ellis Park seriously.

This is going to be a tough one for the Jags, Then again with the reduced teams this year most games will be tough. Best Jags can do is make sure they perform well at home as i think that will play a massive role for all teams this year. If they want to make the playoffs win you home games at the very least and try and pick up odd away victories such as the reds (dont know if jags play them away just an example).
This game has to be damage limitation for the Jags.

Lions by 18

The possession is of the Lions but with too many handling errors.

******* bullshit. We had 2 players closing. That should be yellow and penalty no try. Thanks ref!

THose who ve been here for a while know i almost never blame the ref when jags/pumas lose and that i am incredibly critical of my own teams.
Every single 50/50 call, every one, went the lions way. And the pt was, well, questionable to say the least.
I m most worried about the scrum. Either we forgot everything about scrumming or jaco is taking the ****.

0/3 scrums, 0:4 los and 25% missed tackles for us. Tackles and los are our own fault. Scrums, not sure.

THose who ve been here for a while know i almost never blame the ref when jags/pumas lose and that i am incredibly critical of my own teams.
Every single 50/50 call, every one, went the lions way. And the pt was, well, questionable to say the least.
I m most worried about the scrum. Either we forgot everything about scrumming or jaco is taking the ****.
I agree i should not have been a penalty try. The ref cant make that call and say that the Jaguares player would not have covered. He was speculating. Penalty at most.

i don't know if you guys have noticed but the Lions,the ref and the Jaguares players know that the scrum is being consistently won by the Lions. Jaguares quickly need to sort out their scrum otherwise the Lions will keep on pushing for a yellow card (Excuse the pun). Bot teams still in it at half time.

Haha they forgot to put Jaco the number 16 on his back.

The own lineup is awful. They don't have to enter the court just to defend themselves all time. Please Ledesma, make them play with more variants.

Another bad call by the ref. It was fair ball by Boffelli.

We are losing because our problems thats for sure but ref is not helping either.

23 missed tackles so far. Same problems from last year. Im starting to think players are the issue xD

THE silliest thing is that during the press conf against stormers our coach called our scrum "dominant". Hillarious ifnyou ask me

Latest posts