• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 2: Sunwolves vs. Brumbies (24/02/2018)

This is my first time watching the Wolves play. I'm impressed. I thought it was going to be a blowout, but it was quite exciting!

das

I reckon both sides will be fairly content with that. A performance like that indicates a degree of depth in the Sunwolves squad and suggests the other Oz teams will be in for a game in Japan.

Two freak tries! I'm counting the rolling maul by a Japanese side as a freak try :p

Two freak tries! I'm counting the rolling maul by a Japanese side as a freak try :p

I'll hazard a guess that that's how they'll score a lot of their tries this year.

I'd be a lot more nervous if the Brumbies didn't have the Reds next. They've clearly taken the trial games for granted and played a lot of the new and younger guys to give them a lot of time to get used to the system and left a lot of the core guys without much playing time, because with a few exceptions they did not look ready for this match at all.

Positives though... the Sunwolves. Wow. A lot more depth than I thought. Good to see.

And Godwin looks much improved as he didn't seem to try and force a kicking game to happen.

A bit disappointed to see Valetini go down. Before I first heard the initial squad named a few weeks back I thought we might see him in the 8 (he was the best 8 in the NRC last season) and Isi Naisarani in the 6.

Teared up a bit seeing Christian Leali'ifano back in the 10. Knew I would even though I've been watching him with Ulster...

Joe Powell looked fit. As did Speight... although he's got another gear or two he didn't getto show in this one.

Tom Cusack's going to have to get used more in a support role than as a ball runner. Got showed up a bit as undersized for this level of competition... but that's not the end of the world since he's more there for his breakdown and tackle work where he looked pretty much the best at his position in the NRC as well and well earned his Captain's role in that competition.

Latest posts