• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 3: Crusaders vs. Stormers (03/03/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

yNiq3rv.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
BFsGRzk.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

We can only blame ourselves for the loss at Sydney. We really needed to take that one as its a tough ask to win away to either Crusaders or Highlanders.

My only hope here is that this is that game of ours we get each year where we manage to focus and play at 200% capacity till the final whistle.

We can only blame ourselves for the loss at Sydney. We really needed to take that one as its a tough ask to win away to either Crusaders or Highlanders.

My only hope here is that this is that game of ours we get each year where we manage to focus and play at 200% capacity till the final whistle.
Yeah I still don't think we were THAT bad against the Tahs but we really just threw the game away. I mean all credit to the Tahs backs they are pretty damn good and outplayed us in key areas but our scrum and collision dominance should really have won us the game, in the end we lost because:
There is a scrum - > we get a scrum penalty - > We kick it to the touchline -> We lose the line out 100% of the time.

That was clearly our "way in" this weekend in terms of attacking opportunities but we struggled so much with line-outs we just didn't capitalize like we should have.

I fully expect to lose this weekend, to probably the best side in the competition at home, but hopefully we can make it a decent fight and not have 30 points put on us like last year.

Hoping for a honest showing from the Stormers.
Hoping someone give our centers a wake up cal as they seem nowhere...
Hoping Fleck watched the Bulls game and learned from it, that is the way to play
Hoping not to lose by a landslide

Yeah this game is all about how well we can limited them, defending well for long periods, actually competing for the high ball, being competitive or even strong at set piece and ultimately making them work for it and proving to ourselves we are a genuine team.

poor stormers...

I feel sorry for them actually... nah

The saders have always been their kryptonite

poor stormers...

I feel sorry for them actually... nah

The saders have always been their kryptonite
Crusaders are a lot of people's kryptonite these days.
But yeah they should be too organised and too good, especially at home. 10 point losing margin would be nice.

With the Crusaders outscoring the Stromers four tries to zero within 20 minutes anyone would have been forgiven for thinking it will be a 50+ blowout. Credit to the Stormers for the second half comeback. After going so far behind within 20 minutes they were never realistically going to come back against this potent Crusaders attack but they really showed determination to bring it within 10 points. The Stormers did not give up at halftime and instead really put up a good fight. Stormers look dangerous on attack just need to sort out their defence. Oh how the tables have turned.

I was away on Saturday and missed all of the games, the 5 minute highlights just don't tell me much so I have no idea what to take out of this game.
I'm going to choose to be irrationally hopeful, it sounds like we got blitz early but showed good fight. 17 points is a lot, but I can't actually see many teams doing much better in Cristchurch.

Apparently DDA played well?

Last edited:

Latest posts