• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 5: Lions vs. Sunwolves (17/03/2018)

Sunwolves leading Lions 29-26.
Just can't predict Super rugby this year.
My Superbru is ******.
A team will beat another high level team and then lose against a weak team, just does not make sense. Even the Crusaders are inconsistent.

My Superbru is ******.
A team will beat another high level team and then lose against a weak team, just does not make sense. Even the Crusaders are inconsistent.

That should seal it for the Lions, but a good match. The lineouts stats of 16/16 for Lions and 5/9 of Sunwolves is probably the difference between the two teams.

40-38 to Lions. What a brilliant game and what a fantastic performance from the Sunwolves even if they did lose. Silly errors cost them that game and as Bruce says, the lineout was probably the difference. The Sunwolves were on the Lions' 5 metre line with an attacking lineout and then lose the ball. The Lions then go on to score off a driving maul. Great game though, really enjoyed watching it.

Lions were poor. Gave the impression they thought they could just turn up and win.

My Superbru is ******.

Super Rugby is a very engaging competition. Great product. Fun and easy to follow.

Very glad this happened for the new Bok coach to see.
Some very overrated players got badly exposed on the rush defense
Mapoe and Coetzee are ordinary players at best, can't handle pressure, much like Jantjies

Hope this is a real wake-up call for them, SunWolfes played well but was allowed to by a very poor Lions team on the day.
They have no leadership with Whitley and Kriel both injured.
Should have slowed the game down and play percentage rugby when needed.
This was their worst game in recent memory and it will take some doing from their new coach to bring the guys back who himself seems pretty confused

Very glad this happened for the new Bok coach to see.
Some very overrated players

This!

I thought Ross Cronje was pathetic in this match. He was solely to blame for 2 of the Sunwolves tries. whenever he was back covering the kick, the Sunwolves kicked to hime, and everytime a Sunwolves player outjumped him or timed better.

Latest posts