• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 7: Rebels vs. Hurricanes (30/03/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Y55uszV.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
yVAZL2m.jpg

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Seems the organisers have kept the Oz and NZ sides apart early on this year. First chance to gauge if the gap has closed with there just being four Oz sides.

Moment of truth.

Huge match, if the organizers intention was to build interest over the relative strength of the Aus and Kiwi franchises they succeeded.

The Rebels don't need to win to prove the gap is closed but they do need to be somewhat competitive, last year the Canes put 65 points on the Rebels, a lot has changed since then.

Can't help but want the Rebels to win, I think it would be good for rugby. I know the Canes have been good this year but some of their key players have seemed slightly under cooked (Laumape, both Saveas).
Canes should win but I hope the Rebels can steal some sort of result!

With Aso back, partnering Laumape it will be one of the scariest centre pairings in the world
Fifita also back from injury, we know what he brings to the party

Rebels are hugely improved and playing at home, good support base, best in Aus.
When last did we say we are looking forward to an Ausie side taking on a NZ team in Superugby?
This is good for rugby

Canes by 10 still

GAMON canes
yeah bigups to superRugby for building the antici...pation.
hope for the canes to again score some awesome tries and show some gritty defense. even if at the expense of the rebels.

Great to see Sam Henwood finally getting a real look. He looked fast and skilled in his stint with the Chiefs before he did his ACL.

Shame we collapsed like that, but the Canes have shown once again how deadly they are. Still, it's an improvement and I'm not convinced the other Aussie teams will do better.

I think one of the Aussie commentators said it best...

"Until this week, the Rebels have only be fighting middleweights.. tonight, they came up against a heavyweight."

jules' gotta drop to the bench...at the least
rebels shown a masterclass performance.
whats happened to aumua? havent seen him hit the ball at speed yet. whats he waitn for?

Latest posts