• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 9: Rebels vs. Jaguares (14/04/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Y55uszV.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
q12RYgu.jpg

Venue: AAMI Park

Time: 07:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

alright back into the swing of things for the Rebels after the bye. hosting Jaguares at home, c'mon Rebels!

hoping to see DHP back at 15, I think Maddocks will end up on the wing and Koroibete will drop back to the bench.

Jaguares: Emiliano Boffelli; Ramiro Moyano, Matías Orlando, Jerónimo de la Fuente y Sebastián Cancalliere; Nicolás Sánchez y Martín Landajo; Marcos Kremer, Javier Ortega Desio y Pablo Matera (c); Tomás Lavanini y Guido Petti Pagadizábal; Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Julián Montoya y Santiago García Botta. Entrenador: Mario Ledesma.

Suplentes: Agustín Creevy, Javier Díaz, Juan Pablo Zeiss, Matías Alemanno, Leonardo Senatore, Gonzalo Bertranou, Bautista Ezcurra y Joaquín Tuculet.

Inicio: sábado, 2.15 hora argentina (15.15 local)

Good boys!!!
It was rather stupid from the rebels to chose to scrum that last play. Our line out is clearly a liability.
I ll take the win, no probs!!

This is what is infuriating about us: we beat both the Aus and RSA conference leaders and then we lose to the reds at home.

it's 4 am dude! I I' stayed awake and got my reward. great game by jags
hard fought win. what an awesome nbr8 the rebels have!
still too many mistakes, unforced errors like matera' s silly knock on. emprovement in the line out. the team is starting to find a path.
one of the first away wins. impresive if we consider the 48 hs trip (seems it was a logistic nightmare) and the rebels had a week off.

To be fair, Genia's injury clearly favoured us. He was dictating the pace of the game and completely outplayed Landajo de 1H.

One last thing, maybe someone could explain the last call: the ref shouts "release, release", i thought it was clearly directed at us, we did not release, take the ball, kick it out, game ends.
Sky sports commentators couldn't make sense of it either. Any input welcome.

PS: not complaining, course! Just don't get what happened.

Good to see some more steps in the right direction for the Jaguares. I think they will become less inconsistent as the season goes on and Ledesma irons out problems.

If (and it's a BIG "if") they can stay in touching distance of the playoffs with four or five rounds to go then I think we will see an improving Jaguares sneak into the playoffs as there will be five spaces available for non conference winners.

I did say the Rebels were in a fight with the Tahs and Reds. The Oz Conference is not cut and dried.

To be fair, Genia's injury clearly favoured us. He was dictating the pace of the game and completely outplayed Landajo de 1H.

yes! you are right. we also got lucky in moyano''s try. they where 3 defenders. he closed he's eyes and step in (right thing to do) but almost magicaly the defenders bounced back or forward. just huge load of luck.

Latest posts