• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Think it suits all parties down to the ground - we get solid cover while AJ is out and RdP gets three months playing alongside the current Boks 9, hoping to catch the eye of the selectors

Robert du Preez to sale for 3 months, injury cover for McGinty
Shark signs for Sharks :) i hope this can be positive, i have two concerns with this though,

Firstly we dont need him now as we have just won the Currie cup and there is no rugby played until next years Super rugby.

But i really hope he doesnt pick up an injury while on loan. He will be good for you guys especially with Faf they will be a killer combination, last year he won the Currie cup playing for the Stormers (WP) then moved to the Sharks and has now won it with us, so id say thats a good injury replacement to get, if he isnt better than the incumbent....

My biggest fear with this though and it would probably set the tone going forward with the Sharks, is if he signs a permanent contract afterwards. Rohan Janse van Rensburg also firstly signed on for a loan and eventually ended up there, so i wonder if once they get there they get showered with love, money and the agents bragging about superior facilities and then they want to go there. If this is the case then our clubs should be more careful with allowing players out on loan in the first place.

My biggest fear with this though and it would probably set the tone going forward with the Sharks, is if he signs a permanent contract afterwards. Rohan Janse van Rensburg also firstly signed on for a loan and eventually ended up there, so i wonder if once they get there they get showered with love, money and the agents bragging about superior facilities and then they want to go there. If this is the case then our clubs should be more careful with allowing players out on loan in the first place.

I think it's a different situation - RdP is covering for our clear first choice who is out injured. Rohan came in when we had no clear first choice centre, and from day one he was a permanent contract target, but he didn't want to cut out on his SR contract (if rumours are to believed he agreed to a long term deal when he signed for us on loan, but it couldn't be announced until his SR commitments were done).

Of course there is always the possibility that we will heavily target RdP, especially if he performs really well, but we recently signed AJ to a very long term contract and we have Kieran Wilkinson pushing from the academy and really impressing, so 10 isn't a major concern right now.

I think it's a different situation - RdP is covering for our clear first choice who is out injured. Rohan came in when we had no clear first choice centre, and from day one he was a permanent contract target, but he didn't want to cut out on his SR contract (if rumours are to believed he agreed to a long term deal when he signed for us on loan, but it couldn't be announced until his SR commitments were done).

Of course there is always the possibility that we will heavily target RdP, especially if he performs really well, but we recently signed AJ to a very long term contract and we have Kieran Wilkinson pushing from the academy and really impressing, so 10 isn't a major concern right now.
Du Preez is 6'4, very naïve of you not to think that Diamond's eyeing him up as a second row option.

Just read its official that Hogg to Chiefs next season is happening. :)

Post WC potential head coach merry go round.

Where do people think Gatland's next job will be? Seems like Schmidt would be ahead of him as the next AB's head coach. Would Ireland replace Schmidt with Gatland or would they promote from within again and go with the Cullen/Lancaster ticket? England may also be looking for a new HC if Jones flops at the WC. Would Baxter be favourite or might they go for Gatland?

I think the Lions HC role will be Schmidt's if he wants it otherwise Townsend assuming Scotland have a decent WC and 6N.

Where do people think Gatland's next job will be? Seems like Schmidt would be ahead of him as the next AB's head coach. Would Ireland replace Schmidt with Gatland or would they promote from within again and go with the Cullen/Lancaster ticket? England may also be looking for a new HC if Jones flops at the WC. Would Baxter be favourite or might they go for Gatland?
Fkn hope we don't go for gatland. Imagine it will be Baxter, but possibly McCall. Ireland might see if they can snap McCall if Schmidt goes to NZ tho. Gatland could end up at one of the welsh regions or SR or something possibly. If we have a premiership coach merry go round cause of McCall/Baxter fkn off then he could end up at Wasps or something if Wales try for Dai Young.

I don't understand why Gatland's name keeps getting touted as a potential England coach. His record against the SH is appalling and he's shown a complete lack of being able to deviate from his one gameplan.
It would be such a backwards step.

Seems like Schmidt would be ahead of him as the next AB's head coach. Would Ireland replace Schmidt with Gatland or would they promote from within again and go with the Cullen/Lancaster ticket?

Been there, done that with Gatland. I'd be very surprised if we don't just end up with some combination of the current backroom staff and the Leinster coaches.

I think the Lions HC role will be Schmidt's if he wants it otherwise Townsend assuming Scotland have a decent WC and 6N.

There is absolutely no way we would end up with Garland, him and the IRFU do not see eye to eye at all.

In fact Philip Browne indicated today it would be a Farrell/Lancaster pairing. Not entirely sure how I feel about that. There's pretty much no chance it won't be someone currently involved with Ireland or the provinces.

Farrell/Lancaster pairing
Weird that they'd link back up when, reportedly, they hated each other and it was their inability to work together as a team that was a big cause of issues in the England camp.

Unless Farrell got the top role and Lancaster worked under him, which is what Farrell wanted.

Weird that they'd link back up when, reportedly, they hated each other and it was their inability to work together as a team that was a big cause of issues in the England camp.

Unless Farrell got the top role and Lancaster worked under him, which is what Farrell wanted.
From what I have heard it will be either Farrell or Easterby as HC with Lancaster and a new backs coach joining the ticket

Easterby as well?
You're straight up obsessed with England!
He is a proud Irish man with a sprinkle of moulding in Wales.
Only English part is his birth cert :)
Plus Yorkshire is a breakaway from UK lol A different breed of animal there

Rodney Ah You has left Ulster and joined Newcastle.

https://www.the42.ie/rodney-ah-you-newcastle-ulster-4346991-Nov2018/

Despite Ulster's struggles at prop, he hasn't had a look in this season. A move is best for all parties. If he can recover the form he showed in his last few months at Connacht, Newcastle will be happy with the signing. It didn't work out for him in Belfast.

Latest posts