• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

O'Connor back to Aus confirmed (haven't seen Queensland announce him yet, but we've said he's been released from his contract to return to Australia and Queensland has been bandied about as a done deal this week)

Wish him well - he barely played for us (genuinely surprised to see he did 25 times!) but looked a class act when he did. Definitely got his head straight, just needs his body to follow, because he's held together with sellotape these days.

Mark Wilson confirmed on a one season loan - will he more like half a season after world cup and mandatory stand down for EPS players, so should dovetail with the Du Preez twins heading back to South Africa after Christmas

Doesn't make a ton of sense for Sale with the Curry bros, Du Preez bros, Ross, Strauss and Beaumont all around. Do you reckon Diamond will try and get DDP to play at lock?

Strauss, T. Curry and Wilson will be unavailable for the first few months of the season, the Du Preez twins will be leaving in January or so. I don't think there'll be that much crossover.

Beaumont will likely play lock going forwards (especially as De Jager will be missing at the start of the season), it's where he's always wanted to play and he's been looking better there recently.

Oh I see, didn't realise that the Du Preez twins were only around until January. That makes sense then. Unless they end up getting picked for SA, which is looking reasonably likely for Dan, in which case that's a rotten bit of business.

Think he'll fight it out with Ismaeil on one wing for the majority of the season with ibitoye or Murley on the other because Earle is out for the year.

Both young lads on the wing wasn't great last year so imagine him or Travis Ismaeil will play on the left.
Gustard essentially called him a visser replacement though.
Good signing as long as he is used as experience to support the young lads rather than being first choice.

Ryan Pienaar is returning to Belfast...as a Cheetah.

Ryan Pienaar ----> The Cheetahs

Steffon Armitage -----> San Diego Legion (MLR)

I'm just hoping that entire Toulon team from their Euro three-peat eventually comes over. Giteua and mitchell can come out of retirement.

Beuden Barrett confirmed moving to Auckland Blues after World Cup. There's been rumblings about it for a while but I'm still gutted that there'll no longer be the 9-10-12 of TJ, BB and Laumape.

thats huge! who's next off the rank, Fletcher smith is a bloody good prospect but far from a direct replacement

Josh Strauss
Sale Sharks --> Bulls

Great player when on form but goes missing far too much, and wasn't trusted by the management here so makes sense to move on

Josh Strauss
Sale Sharks --> Bulls

Great player when on form but goes missing far too much, and wasn't trusted by the management here so makes sense to move on
Will be tough for him to get back into Scotland squad if he will be in super rugby.

Latest posts