• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Good signing for them, he'll be a great mentor to lrz and thorley.

A fair amount of money into a postion they most likely don't need to spend more on though.
For example does LRZ and Thorley need May for mentoring?

Do Leicester get Slater back?

tenor.png

A fair amount of money into a postion they most likely don't need to spend more on though.
For example does LRZ and Thorley need May for mentoring?

tenor.png

If they want to become world class or even international class players then surely learning off of one of the best wingers in world rugby can only be a good thing no? Also most top clubs have at least 3 wingers who should start and sharples and banahan are probably beyond that now (imagine one of them will be off)

I bet he's still taking a pay cut too, even if it's not as low as tigers wanted it.

If they want to become world class or even international class players then surely learning off of one of the best wingers in world rugby can only be a good thing no? Also most top clubs have at least 3 wingers who should start and sharples and banahan are probably beyond that now (imagine one of them will be off)

I bet he's still taking a pay cut too, even if it's not as low as tigers wanted it.

I mean who did May learn off to become the level he did whilst at Tigers? I don't fully believe that Wing is a position that needs mentoring like say Hooker, Prop, Lock, Fly Half, Scrum Half would.
I don't know of many top wingers in the world that needed or had mentoring other than from coaches which I don't think May is really one.

You have to remember that LRZ and Thorley both signed new deals at likely a large increase as well.
I personally just think that Cipriani and Heinz seem to be more Gloucesters weakness mainly how they play without them similar to Tigers and George Ford.

A Manchester lad playing for Ireland

Colour me ******* shocked.

The sale academy might as well be IRFU funded at this point
Well st least we are recognizing the good work ye are doing. Supposedly the IRFU are a bit annoyed at Geordan Murphy. He was getting info on Dan and well basically swooped Kelly the day before he was due to finalise Connacht deal

It'll be interesting to see how he goes, he was far from the pick of that team but looked very mature for an 18 year old and was in ahead of a Munster sub academy centre a year older.

Can he play u20 for England next year because he can't play for us if he's with the Tigers?

You'd swear there was some cultural link or historic migration path from Ireland to the North of England. It's surprising England's captain isn't called Murphy or Ryan or something!

Yeah decent player. Good idea for IRFU to try and push a few of the exiles to Connacht. I'm guessing Leicester came in with a more senior contract or something like that. He's also presumably in college over there and wants to stay put. You'd imagine that's the end of his Irish prospects, but hope he excels over there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sale choose not to offer Kelly an academy spot after U18, so he was playing with Loughborough last year? He's lucky McNamara backed got him and he got to showcase himself in a really strong team this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sale choose not to offer Kelly an academy spot after U18, so he was playing with Loughborough last year? He's lucky McNamara backed got him and he got to showcase himself in a really strong team this year.
No idea - I'd be surprised, though. We're usually pretty decent at spotting talent.

At that age, though, a move to uni/a different college often takes kids out of an academy. Like Alex Mitchell moving from Sale to Saints academy when moving, and Josh Beaumont turned out for Falcons academy when at Durham uni, and Gloucester having their pick of lads who go to Hartpury etc

The kid might have also wanted/wantsto play for us, his name is Kelly and he qualifies through his mother's parents so a lot of heritage on the face of it. Connacht academy is a dream killer though.

No idea - I'd be surprised, though. We're usually pretty decent at spotting talent.

At that age, though, a move to uni/a different college often takes kids out of an academy. Like Alex Mitchell moving from Sale to Saints academy when moving, and Josh Beaumont turned out for Falcons academy when at Durham uni, and Gloucester having their pick of lads who go to Hartpury etc

From what I read he didn't get a contract then moved.
I guess Sale have Connor Doherty, Luke James and at the time Cameron Redpath as centres.

Well st least we are recognizing the good work ye are doing. Supposedly the IRFU are a bit annoyed at Geordan Murphy. He was getting info on Dan and well basically swooped Kelly the day before he was due to finalise Connacht deal

It helps given the Loughborough link we have.

lol, we're in the **** for signing Rohan when he had already signed for Gloucester,
5pt deduction suspended for 2yrs and a bunch of fines dished out to various people.

The irony being if you read the full document Gloucester did the same thing signing him from Lions when he was under contract and not allowed to be tapped up.

lol, we're in the **** for signing Rohan when he had already signed for Gloucester,
5pt deduction suspended for 2yrs and a bunch of fines dished out to various people.

The irony being if you read the full document Gloucester did the same thing signing him from Lions when he was under contract and not allowed to be tapped up.
Thought it was 5pts for 2 seasons and 2 week suspension.

Latest posts