• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I don't think it is career suicide. It's not like he's the next guaranteed cab off the rank for Eng. Playing in a different culture with a different way of doing things can only be beneficial to his game and his personal development. If it isn't then that says a lot about him. He's only 22, he can spend 2 or 3 years over there and then come back and be in contention for Eng in his mid 20s if he's good enough.
I agree completely, I don't think that it is career suicide for him. I was just saying that even if it was, I wouldn't blame him.

Quins have signed Maks van Dyk from Toulouse on a short term deal until the end of the season. The press release makes it sound like Louw will not be joining up with the squad for a while yet. Seems like visa issues are holding up most of the SA moves.

Seems like visa issues are holding up most of the SA moves.

Aye, Dimes mentioned it in an interview the other day (Wiese is in the same situation): it's the English language proficiency testing office that's the issue - apparently there's only two in the country (I think?) and they've both been shut since the start of lockdown. Were meant to open at the end of July but with their lockdown being re-upped I imagine that's gone out the window

Which is pretty ridiculous when we have videos of Esterhuizen, Louw and Green speaking English perfectly comfortably.

London Irish has already signed Charlton Kerr so they seem to be looking at the England Sevens squad.

I'm sure Tom Mitchell could do a job for someone and Mike Ellery had a pretty decent stint at Saracens. He's from the North East so would be a good (and cost effective) signing for Falcons.

Well not quite new signigns but so far we have re-signed Radwan, Blamire and now Gary Graham on 3 year deasl. Thats huge as they are 2 immensley talented kids in our set up and Graham is a key player and typical angry Scottish Flanker..

Latest posts