• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Huw Jones to Leicester being reported in the media. Would be an excellent signing for the Tigers if it happens.

Nick Kennedy been named as Sarries head of recruitment,
Pretty interesting - wasn't there some bad blood when he left Irish?

Maybe Sarries will take over from Bath in rinsing the Not not academy

Priestland suffers a set-back in his recovery on his return to full training - pushing his return back to late December; releasing injury dispensation.
James Wilson re-signing announced on the same day.

Nothing suspicious about that timing at all (actually, there really isn't; JJ and Watson's injury allowance would easily cover Wilson; but I'm not about to let a good conspiracy theory go that easily)

Andrei Ostrikov going to Grenoble next season :(

4 u18s signed to senior academy deals at Sale as well:
They are scrum half Raffi Quirke, fly-half Tom Curtis, wing Tom Roebuck and prop James Harper.

Roebuck is very highly rated by those in the know

Andrei Ostrikov going to Grenoble next season :(

4 u18s signed to senior academy deals at Sale as well:
They are scrum half Raffi Quirke, fly-half Tom Curtis, wing Tom Roebuck and prop James Harper.

Roebuck is very highly rated by those in the know
Has he an Irish relative?
Just for criteria rules ...

Has he an Irish relative?
Just for criteria rules ...
We're already supplying players to your age grade, stop being greedy

We've got players in our academy in the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish age grade sides
Damned poaching celts

We're already supplying players to your age grade, stop being greedy

We've got players in our academy in the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish age grade sides
Damned poaching celts
Sharing is caring. And as Andy Farrell said anyone upnaround there is Irish

Ian Angle has gone to Ulster till the end of the season. Good move for all involved.

Tom Daly gone to Connacht until the end of the season on loan. Realistically unlikely that he's going to play for Leinster again tbh.

Leinster's backup 12s have gotten on this thread an awful lot lately.

Connacht have signed Stephen Fitzgerald on loan from Munster. He follows on from the loan signing of Angus Lloyd also from Munster a few days ago.
https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1077991523445325830

Nothing against Stephen Fitzgerald, Angus Lloyd or Tom Dale and perhaps Connacht didn't ask the IRFU for higher quality emergency signings. These signings pale in comparison to Ulster's short term deals for Christian Lealifano and Henry Speight or Munster's signings of Jean Deysel and Alby Mathewson though.

Connacht have signed Stephen Fitzgerald on loan from Munster. He follows on from the loan signing of Angus Lloyd also from Munster a few days ago.
https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1077991523445325830

Nothing against Stephen Fitzgerald, Angus Lloyd or Tom Dale and perhaps Connacht didn't ask the IRFU for higher quality emergency signings. These signings pale in comparison to Ulster's short term deals for Christian Lealifano and Henry Speight or Munster's signings of Jean Deysel and Alby Mathewson though.
But equally Snoop. All very good players who could excel. I was disappointed we never kept Angus as I rated him.

Jono Ross has signed on until 2022 at Sale,

He's a pretty understated player but I'm a huge fan.
Reminds me a lot of a prime Chris Robshaw, but with a bit more bite - nothing flashy but an insane work rate and great club level leader.

Apparently we've got another 10 signings/re-signings to announce over the next month.
Strong rumours Rob du Preez is signing full time.
Faf is signing a long term extension.
Advanced talks with with Jean-luc Du Preez to replace Josh Strauss.
Loosehead, hooker and lock to come in from SA (possible Lions? Apparently Faf is basically our SA scout, and he's the one who masterminded the Rohan signing, and also the RdP loan)