• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Makes no sense. Would have happily lost any 2 of our wingers bar Nowell to keep him. Gutted that we'll never see Cordero, Nowell and Hogg in the same back three.
From what I've been lead to believe, losing 2 wingers from what's left (minus Nowell) still wouldn't have covered his wages or more over his potential earnings elsewhere.

For me if your Chiefs and you want to bring Hogg in on a reported half mil a season then this is what it looks like, players moving on to balance the books, only club in the premiership last season to post a profit and they don't employ one of those creative accountants.

Matt Proctor to Saints confirmed for next season...

From what I've been lead to believe, losing 2 wingers from what's left (minus Nowell) still wouldn't have covered his wages or more over his potential earnings elsewhere.

For me if your Chiefs and you want to bring Hogg in on a reported half mil a season then this is what it looks like, players moving on to balance the books, only club in the premiership last season to post a profit and they don't employ one of those creative accountants.

Matt Proctor to Saints confirmed for next season...
Add in he'd be missing chunnks due to 6Nations and would probably request on rest weeks he is rested and have this wrote in to contract

Chiefs have to have some promising academy lads coming up for this, you would think.
Sounds currently like Baxter has panicked brought Hogg.
Why Exeter didn't get Cordero on a 3 year contract as soon as he showed some promise in the English comps I do not know, don't sign Cuthbert get Cordero on a 3 year deal = No problem, Like Tigers with Veainu gave him a 2 year contract after a couple of games because he looked good but didn't show that much that other teams where chasing hard after him = Cheap player for those 2 years.

Hogg is a great player but he doesn't even cover many positions.

Yeah, seems like very poor planning from Baxter. Gave Cuthbert (renowned for his poor form) 3 years but Cordero only gets 1? Madness.

Because Cuthbert is not likely to be called up for Wales, assume he will be seen as better value than Cordero.
But only if you compare value, if you compare quality then Cordero wins hands down!

Well by all accounts...

Will Witty to Exeter is a done deal
Calum Green to Leicester is a done deal

Rumours:
Glen Young to Quins
Calum Chick in talks with several clubs

Its safe to say im pretty gutted.

Jumping ship before the relegation....?

Well by all accounts...

Rumours:
Glen Young to Quins

Don't worry GeordieFalcon, not the only team to be leaking players....

with WLR, Hughes, Mullan, JCW, Ambrose Curtis all gone and rumours of Daly, Stuart, Simpson, Brookes at least potentially on their way out.... not exactly motivating....

We've had loads of rumours flying around to, supporting Wasps and reading the news currently is like a rollercoaster...

FaCov finally announce Fekitoa. Undisclosed contract. Wants All Black future. Could just 1-2 years.

Well the word is that Gustard is cutting 12 players including players that might have been considered stalwarts over the years like Ward and Wallace.

To be fair, a clear out has been needed for a while, but there are a couple of more troubling rumours around possible exits for Clifford (to Chiefs) and Sinckler (to Saints or Chiefs even though he has 2yrs left on his current deal). No obvious fire, but a lot of smoke which is a little worrying. Clifford is replaceable (particularly if the rumours around Kwagga Smith are true), but Sinckler would be a huge loss and very, very difficult to replace.

Well by all accounts...

Rumours:
Glen Young to Quins

FWIW, I hope that's not the case. Chick has looked like another club stalwart in the making like Welch or Wilson. It would be a shame to see him go.

I don't know enough about Glen Young to know whether he'd be a big gain for Quins/loss for Falcons, but with Witty and Green off, would he not be better staying put and nailing down a first team spot with Davidson/Cavubati?

Ian Keatley is off to play for Benetton next season.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2019/0116/1023542-ian-keatley-to-leave-munster-for-benetton/

Great move for him. He's fallen way down the Munster depth chart and Benetton are on the up. He should get a good bit of game time in a World Cup season.
Huge respect for Keatley. He was a great servant to the club and while not always consistent always gave it all.
Surprised there wasn't a place for him with a premiership club or something honestly he has lots of rugby to play and can do three positions well enough.

Huge respect for Keatley. He was a great servant to the club and while not always consistent always gave it all.
Surprised there wasn't a place for him with a premiership club or something honestly he has lots of rugby to play and can do three positions well enough.
He is getting a nice fee. And yes a model pro. Even this year despite being dropped way down the pecking order he's in every day very positive and works as hard as anyone. Still say he is a top top 12. If anyone plays him there

FWIW, I hope that's not the case. Chick has looked like another club stalwart in the making like Welch or Wilson. It would be a shame to see him go.

I don't know enough about Glen Young to know whether he'd be a big gain for Quins/loss for Falcons, but with Witty and Green off, would he not be better staying put and nailing down a first team spot with Davidson/Cavubati?

Glen Young is a tall athletic player who always had potential but never really progressed....UNTIL last season and this one. He's suddenly just started producing the performances we were expecting / hoping for. I think he'll be a loss for us and gain for Quins. He's about 27 so a good age.

Ive just heard another "rumour" that Andrew Davidson is now in talks to return back to Glasgow which would be another big disaster for us, and Cavubati is in talks with a few other clubs.

Rumours are rumours until something solid is announced, but if they ARE true...we're potentially losing our entire set of senior locks!! What on earth is going on!

Happy to see Toomaga-Allen confirmed to Wasps next season https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps-sign-all-black-tighthead-toomaga-allen/

Gutted to see Will Stuart leaving though https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/stuart-to-leave-wasps-in-summer/
Likely headed to Bath and they're just not ready to announce yet

Finally, we've also signed Jack Owlett from Chiefs https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps-sign-exeter-prop-owlett/
Not seen him play but good news by all acocunts.

So that's two tightheads out and two new ones in. Now here's hoping that Kieran Brookes sticks around..

Latest posts