• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Te'o to Toulon so ineligible to be an an injury replacement for the RWC squad. Something obvs went badly wrong. Roll on the books.

Te'o to Toulon so ineligible to be an an injury replacement for the RWC squad. Something obvs went badly wrong. Roll on the books.

Was there ever any suggestion that he was going to sign for a different English club?

Inevitable, Shirley?

We dont need him anyway, but as always with EJ alot of wasted caps for players not to be used. I dont want them i just think its stupid.

I do wonder if Te'o sudden fall from grace (let's face it, who anywhere expected Francis to hang around longer than Te'o) might have been because of this. Maybe he said something in camp, it got back to Eddie, and he got dumped.

James Flynn - Yorkshire Carnegie,
Makes sense, his progression has been hampered massively by repeated injuries. Never going to overtake our current loosies, and needs game time to see where he's at.

Nic Dolly - Jersey Reds (1 season loan),
Again: Makes sense. At this stage of his development he needs regular game time and isn't going to get that with Akker and Webber about. Dolly is better than Neild, who will be about for third choice, but it's better to get game time in the Champ than just hold tackle bags every week.

Is that true? Last time round Strettle was included in the squad even though he'd signed in France.
Top 14 has already started so he's actually out there and a member of a side rather than having just signed a contract but not turned up yet

James Flynn - Yorkshire Carnegie,
Makes sense, his progression has been hampered massively by repeated injuries. Never going to overtake our current loosies, and needs game time to see where he's at.

Nic Dolly - Jersey Reds (1 season loan),
Again: Makes sense. At this stage of his development he needs regular game time and isn't going to get that with Akker and Webber about. Dolly is better than Neild, who will be about for third choice, but it's better to get game time in the Champ than just hold tackle bags every week.

I forgot all about Neild TBH! He was looking pretty good a few seasons back but I can't recall the last time I saw him play.

Whatever happened to George Nott too? He looked like had huge potential at U20 level but can't even seem to make Premiership cup squads. Ludlam's rapid rise shows that it's not too late, but he's almost completely slipped off the radar.

I forgot all about Neild TBH! He was looking pretty good a few seasons back but I can't recall the last time I saw him play.

Whatever happened to George Nott too? He looked like had huge potential at U20 level but can't even seem to make Premiership cup squads. Ludlam's rapid rise shows that it's not too late, but he's almost completely slipped off the radar.
Neild looks way better in the backrow than hooker (his lineouts are worse than Tom Youngs on a bad day) - he still insists he's a front rower, though - couple that with a few long term injuries and it's really hampered his development. In his breakout season Dan Braid was singing his praises and saying he had a future in the England backrow...yeah.

Nott has been almost constantly injured since his breakout u20s season - rumours he's going to London Irish on loan for the season. Would make sense - he's not getting into the backrow ahead of the two sets of twins, and Ross - nor is he getting ahead of Beaumont/de Jager/Philips/Evans this season.

It's a shame to see two promising players falter but I do have to put faith in the Sale coaching staff as we've shown time and time again we'll put trust in a player no matter what their age, if they show they're good enough.

Yeah - Sale have shown that they're prepared to invest in young English talent so I've no doubt that Nott would have been given a chance if he was ripping it up in training. It'll be interesting to see if the LI move comes off.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Ludlam is slightly older and was in a similar position to Nott. He has done amazingly well to make the RWC squad out of nowhere so there's still a chance for Nott to breakthrough.

Think Ludlam looked quite a lot better at u20 than Nott, IMO.

I've never quite understood the hype around the latter.

He's never shown the form before or after but he was genuinely class during that junior world cup campaign.
Think the media clamped on to him a bit, though, cause he was from Manchester/playing in his home stadium

Damien Willemse to Saracens as RWC Cover for 3 months

Excellent signing Rich getting richer

Mallins& Goode injured

Mallins long term

saracens.com/welcome-to-saracens-damian-willemse/

James Mitchell has joined his baby bro at Saints on a short term contract to cover Reinach being at the world cup

James Mitchell has joined his baby bro at Saints on a short term contract to cover Reinach being at the world cup
Alex Mitchell is good young talent and progressing well under Reinach. How good is James Mitchell? Is it going to be a George vs Joe Ford?

Alex Mitchell is good young talent and progressing well under Reinach. How good is James Mitchell? Is it going to be a George vs Joe Ford?
Pretty much,
James is better than Joe but Alex has always looked the better prospect (and is already providing himself at senior level)

Latest posts