• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

https://supersport.com/rugby/super-rugby/news/200114_Stormers_to_mix_and_match_but_Kolisi_to_lead
Jamie Roberts might be leaving Bath as early as this weekend - going to the Stormers, possibly as injury cover before going to the Crusaders.
Also rumoured to be trying hard to secure Lozowski - rumour mill linking the 2 items together...
https://www.bathrugby.com/news/jami...e-stormers-as-josh-matavesi-joins-bath-rugby/
Jamie Roberts: Bath >==> Stormers
Josh Matavesi: Newcastle >==> Bath
Both with immediate effect.

Happy with that TBH. Jamie has been a little disapointing this season, where we've needed more invention in the midfield; which Josh will supply; whilst also being able to cover FH and FB - which we've also needed at stages - and may need that FB cover during the 6N with Watson away whilst Homer and McConnochie are injured.
Supposedly the request came from Jamie wanting the chance to travel and expand his horizons before retirement.
As for Josh - makes sense for him too - Cornish boy who spent some time in Bath's junior academy back in the day (IIRC), some health concerns in the family, so moving 300 miles closer has got to make sense.

It's one of those rare transfers where it seems that everyone is a winner - Stormers get the man they wanted, Jamie gets to move to a country he wanted to, Bath get an "upgrade" in terms of style of play, and positional cover, for broadly similar wage, Josh gets to be closer to his family when he wants that, and Falcons get to trim the wage bill with a player who's excess to current requirements, getting development time into home-grown youngsters (of course, Falcons may not agree that it was in their favour come September)

Alas, no Lozowski (yet... fingers crossed for the summer...)

Last edited:
Sinks to Bristol. They are building a pretty strong team. Big names and young guys. Sinks and Randradra cant have been cheap i really hope we arnt lookinh at them next for the cap(doubt lam would be that stupid.)

I doubt they will be up to the cap.

BUT in 2/3 seasons time they will have to make some big calls with players.
Some Bristol fans already following saracens fans example of "Players will come for less because of the culture and world class training facilities"

Sinks to Bristol. They are building a pretty strong team. Big names and young guys. Sinks and Randradra cant have been cheap i really hope we arnt lookinh at them next for the cap(doubt lam would be that stupid.)

You have to wonder ... I know Madigan and Afoa are off, but Sinckler and Radradra as two current, world class players will surely be more expensive than those two? Add in Hughes and Luatua who are both reportedly on £500k+ and it's clear they're spending serious cash.

They are also getting linked with Kvesic and a few others as well who won't be cheap.

You have to wonder ... I know Madigan and Afoa are off, but Sinckler and Radradra as two current, world class players will surely be more expensive than those two? Add in Hughes and Luatua who are both reportedly on £500k+ and it's clear they're spending serious cash.

They are also getting linked with Kvesic and a few others as well who won't be cheap.

afoa isn't off.

"A key part of our vision is developing our homegrown contingent to become England internationals. Kyle can set the example of what it takes for a young player to succeed at the highest level.

"With John Afoa committing for another season and Kyle coming onboard for two, it'll strengthen the depth of such a key position with two world class players as we plan to fulfil our Champions Cup ambitions."

In unrelated news Sinck Prop Ltd is doing a roaring trade on the investment scene atm

Sinck will be on serious wedge - wouldn't surprise me if he's the highest paid player in the prem with this move. Apparently his wage demands were so high Quins didn't(/couldn't) even consider keeping him.

Less than I would've guessed tbh,
Hogg is on 550k, Biggar on 600
Sinckler's stock is at an all time high

Difference being though Olyy
Hogg and Biggar can be marquee players.

Sinckler has to stay in England to play for England but no other club than Harlequins can put him as Marquee.

Yeah you can't sign a player from another prem club as marquee but you can renew a contract and make them a marquee
Kinda - IIRC neither marquee player can have played for another Premiership club in the previous 2 years - so could still be in their 3rd year, without renewing - for example.

Sam Moore to Cardiff blues immediately

Not surprised tbh, ton of injuries when he would have usually been staking his claim between academy and senior level and now finds himself maybe 6th choice number 8 at Sale

Hope he fulfills at least some of the promise he showed early on
So much expectation was put on him at before he even played u20s, if was bizarre

Sam Moore to Cardiff blues immediately

Not surprised tbh, ton of injuries when he would have usually been staking his claim between academy and senior level and now finds himself maybe 6th choice number 8 at Sale

Hope he fulfills at least some of the promise he showed early on
So much expectation was put on him at before he even played u20s, if was bizarre
Been following Moore's career for a while, honestly seemed like he was committed to a future with England for a while there... but obviously with his lack of progress due to his many injuries that red rose just seemed too far away. I'd imagine what with Wales' issues in producing number 8's that the WRU have made the move seem very appealing.

If he can get fit and maintain it he is just what we need as Faletau is entering the last cycle of his career.

Latest posts