• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Ackermann Sr. has left Gloucester to go coach a side in Japan

Bit out of the blue that, especially with years left on his contract!

All players who should at least be solid Pro14 players with most having the potential to be something more if they can overcome their current limitations. The sort of players Connacht should be signing.

Still annoying to lose both Aungier and Salanoa at the same time.

Was expecting one of Aungier or Salanoa to go but both isn't ideal. Leaves us with an aging Bent and not really experienced Vakh Abdaladze (awesome name though) as backup. I assume there's some academy star whose name I haven't bothered to remember to step up but I don't think we're necessarily well stocked here for a position where the first/second choices will be in every international camp.

Dowling is good for everyone on the other hand, there were better and more talented players in both his positions. Solid player though, wouldn't be surprised for him to do very well at Connacht.

Lads, lets call it straight. Not much of a loss for Leinster as they are producing consistently at a high level in that academy.

As Leinster Fan said there is probably a hidden gem that will come out. Only a few years ago Jamie Hagan was hailed as the hottest prospect at 3 and there will be no more tightheads after him for a while.

Tom clarkson surely is next cab off the rank for Leinster. Put simply salanoa leaving for Connacht would never have caused the same hoo-haa. Fair enough. It's the O'Classico rivalry and that's one of the biggest things in Irish rugby. Furlong porter bent is as good a depth chart as anywhere. Clarkson always impressed me for U20s.

I was a bit salty about Munster once more dipping into Leinster for players at the start......but if there isn't a prospect who's going to be European cup ready in 2 years then we're off to an extremely expensive market for a player. Ryan and archer have both had injury/illness issues and both are 31/32.
It's recognition of our need for a big heavyweight in the front 5 also. Big if in terms of scrummaging obviously but if it was passable he could make some last 20 mins as an impact

Arnold will do well at Connacht. Oliver I'm not sure. Just think a little too small. Any word on Alex wooton?

Tom clarkson surely is next cab off the rank for Leinster. Put simply salanoa leaving for Connacht would never have caused the same hoo-haa. Fair enough. It's the O'Classico rivalry and that's one of the biggest things in Irish rugby. Furlong porter bent is as good a depth chart as anywhere. Clarkson always impressed me for U20s.

I was a bit salty about Munster once more dipping into Leinster for players at the start......but if there isn't a prospect who's going to be European cup ready in 2 years then we're off to an extremely expensive market for a player. Ryan and archer have both had injury/illness issues and both are 31/32.
It's recognition of our need for a big heavyweight in the front 5 also. Big if in terms of scrummaging obviously but if it was passable he could make some last 20 mins as an impact

Arnold will do well at Connacht. Oliver I'm not sure. Just think a little too small. Any word on Alex wooton?

Clarkson is definitely the next one expected to something special.

I'm sure some fans are annoyed about Salanoa's destination being Munster but most seem to be more annoyed about the double whammy of losing him and Aungier, especially as they feel a lot of developmental work had gone into these two given their backgrounds.

I'm an Ireland fan first and these guys who may be slightly buried down the depth chart are the ones I'm 'happier' (never really too happy to lose someone who can contribute) to see go, over the more established players. Still there are not unreasonable worries that Furlong and Porter are often unavailable and Bent probably only has a year left.

Don't think Munster need Salanoa for size at thighthead given they already have the thicc Knox. In fact Munster could field a pack that's as big as any in Europe next year with Kleyn and Snyman in the row and a back row of Beirne, POM and Stander.

Some great points ginger 8. Totally accept it must be some ballache to product players for your rivals

That Munster pack has been underpowered. Agreed Knox has potential but he's the same age as clarkson. It's a lot to be expecting him to make it next year. Sarries in two semifinals and Leinster in god knows how many end of season games have bested us upfront. I think these signings go along way to addressing that.
All in I'm glad jvg is culling Parker and Scott. Nothing against either personally and I had high hopes for Scott originally but Munster's squad needs to be extremely competitive. Shape up Or ship out.

Alex is still under contract next season

Robin Copeland off on a three year deal to Soyaux Angoulême XV Charente in the Pro D2 not too bad given the talk was he'd be playing AIL 1B this year.

Robin Copeland off on a three year deal to Soyaux Angoulême XV Charente in the Pro D2 not too bad given the talk was he'd be playing AIL 1B this year.
Connacht move just didn't work out. Weird as he was always decent with Munster.

Good signing for a team I've never heard of.

Connacht move just didn't work out. Weird as he was always decent with Munster.

Good signing for a team I've never heard of.
At 32 a 3 year deal sets him up nicely for retirement.
Robin is a superb player but needs that ground to be a bit firm. I think the level and conditions will suit him.

They were a team in the hunt for playoffs this year.

Gutting for Kruis to fly to the opposite side of the world for an incredible opportunity and then having to play in a side with that donkey.

Shame he's leaving, but understand why. Fantastic player, would start every game for England for me

In my mind he was just as important for England than Itoje.
Itoje is a superb player but is helped by having a guy like Kruis who is simply a dark arts guy. Will never get the full credit but does the majority of grunt work and shifting pianos to enable the Itoje's of this world to excel at their roles.

Aled Davies has signed for Sarries. Giving up a shot at Wales to play Championship rugby is a ballsy move I suppose, but then again Webb is coming in and there's the huge plus he won't have to play for the Ospreys ever again.

Aled Davies has signed for Sarries. Giving up a shot at Wales to play Championship rugby is a ballsy move I suppose, but then again Webb is coming in and there's the huge plus he won't have to play for the Ospreys ever again.
With Tomos Williams, Gareth Davies and Rhys Webb coming back, he could probably see the writing on the wall for his international chances.

Latest posts