• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I mean when Mauger got the boot Tigers players started tweeting some passive aggressive stuff toward the board.
I think it's telling of what happens behind the scenes.

Notice none of the SA players are posting anything.

Either the club is forcing players to tweet this or the players pushed it

Cipriani called Edwards about asking if he was interested in the job, interesting having your 10 making enquiries.

Dan Carter to the Blues!

That backline is sexy as ****

9. Nock
10. Carter
11. Telea
12. Faiane
13. Marchant
14. Ioane
15. Barrett

I know it's Carter but I struggle to see how much a 38 year old 10 who hasn't played Super rugby for 5 years is going to live up to the hype.

I know it's Carter but I struggle to see how much a 38 year old 10 who hasn't played Super rugby for 5 years is going to live up to the hype.
Yeah probably true, but I don't think that his current rugby ability will be the reason that he's been brought in.
1. It may just been a good marketing op to provoke some excitement for aertroa
2. It may give them some really good direction and stability in what is quite a raw and youthful backline (even with carter in that one above, the mean age is 26, with only barrett and carter being above 24!) in comparison to the other NZ teams, at current Ioane and Barrett being the only two real intls there (i know marchant technically is), in compariason to 4 for the chiefs, canes and crusaders.
3. also covering perforeta so I imagine he will be in the 22 shirt, unless BB drops to 15 (where Perforeta was expected to play)

My mates in Japan are assuring me that hes been class for the Steelers...
Issue is more he has played what 4/5 games as a lower level in the past 18month and done no contact in 3 month after a neck operation.
Mix all this in with age and the risk is very big in terms of being a success.

Issue is more he has played what 4/5 games as a lower level in the past 18month and done no contact in 3 month after a neck operation.
Mix all this in with age and the risk is very big in terms of being a success.

No contact for 3 months is the prefect prep for superrugby with their lack of tackling.

Jerry Flannery has signed for Quins as lineout coach. Was only a matter of time before he went back coaching. Good business for the Quins. He's definitely better than just a lineout coach, and surprised he didn't have a more senior position offered to him somewhere, considering he was forwards coach to a team that were European Semi Finalists in his two years in the position. Quins seem to be building a very nice backroom though.

Last edited:
Charlie Matthews has left Waps for Japan (Kamaishi Seawaves)

Interesting to see the second tier sides over there shopping in the prem

The IRFU academy churns out another one:
Ciaran Booth
Sale Sharks --> Connacht
Best known for getting cheap shotted by a player coming in the side of the ruck while playing 20s for Ireland. He is actually joining the Connacht academy though, so he will end up an academy product!!
Besides we sent Ciaran Parker back yesterday!

Josh Hodge ---> Exeter.

Awesome signing!
This has been on the cards for months and months..so it was the worst kept secret.

Whilst we are realistic that we would never keep him, this is the one that could end Deans reign as manager. Pretty much to the man, there are some seriously unhappy falcons fans about the whole way the club is being ran, regardless of our financial troubles.
The tactics, the style, quality kids from the academy are held back until too much, then leave - see Kibirige etc etc...

Latest posts