• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Happy with that, he is a class young player, he is wing/FB? And a class kicker? Was it him who didnt miss one in the U20 world championship?
Think he might've played a reasonable bit of 10 in before as well? May be thinking of someone else though if anyone knows any different.

Nah he's not a 10...

He's a FB primarily and wing second...but his pace is electric. He'll be Englands full back without doubt. Maybe needs a bit of beef on his very lean frame..but im sure Rob Baxter will sort that out.

I'd be surprised if most pro players haven't played a bit of 10 in their - it's generally where the best players get put at school level (just like the heftier lads get stuck in the front row and the lanky ones in the 2nd row - regardless of skillset).

Josh Beaumont played 10 at school, ffs

I'd be surprised if most pro players haven't played a bit of 10 in their - it's generally where the best players get put at school level (just like the heftier lads get stuck in the front row and the lanky ones in the 2nd row - regardless of skillset).

Josh Beaumont played 10 at school, ffs
And sinks lol

I've read some pretty nasty stuff but calling Tigers Hufflepuff.
That has to be at the top.

Also BBC radio leicester main guy saying tigers have signed Julian Montoya.

They've also announced Blake Enever from the Brumbies

Irish hooker Bryan Byrne joins Pat Lam's Bristol on permanent basis https://the42.ie/5133750

Anyone able to comment on how he's played for Bristol? Size, injury and throwing held him back at Leinster but he's a really dynamic player when he gets going.

So Gloucester sue Sale for signing Rohan while in contract (despite them signing Rohan while not allowed) - now Gloucester sign in-contract coach Skivington, and London Irish say they might sue

Bants

Brad Barritt retiring at the end of this season (so signed a couple of months extension to see out 19/20 and then calling it a day).
I'm a little surprised, as I thought he'd stick around for the year in the championship, but fair play on a good innings.
One of the best defensive centres of this era

Sale trimming our squad a bit,

Dolly, Dugdale, Birch, Williams and Leatherbarrow released (contracts expired, new ones not offered) - very surprised at Dolly being released. My guess is Neild has a year left on his and they can't justify both Dolly and Neild, despite Dolly being (imo) way better.
Joe Jones -> Doncaster
Matt Sturgess -> Fylde
Rob Webber confirmed as retiring on July 1st (this isn't new news, just confirmation that he won't be around for the remainder of the 19/20 season).

Last edited:
I'm surprised about Dolly too. I've only seen him at U20 level, but he looked handy and I'd always thought he was highly rated at Sale.

It won't be long before there's a full XV or promising young players without contracts.

I didn't expect Quins to release Barlow and James or Saints to release Trinder.

Saints released Gibson, as well - I know he's had injury issues and the such, but he's been quality for them.
Apparently had a new deal on the table before Coronavirus, but then they binned it.
Rough.

Yeah - there's a bunch like that, but I feel worse for the guys yet to break through than an established player like Gibson.

Hopefully players like Dolly and Trinder will pick up contracts, but I am really worried about good young players dropping out of the game because opportunities have shrunk so badly.

I see the GOAT Reid is one of the Leicester players who couldn't agree to terms with Leicester.

Latest posts