• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2019 Guinness Pro 14 Final Baby

Sorry, we're all at the Spice Girls gig in Croke Park tonight so can't make it.
Maybe so but in seriousness though you would expect alot more from Leinster genuinely. Any trophy is worth supporting team for surely.
Like I know people will make alot of jokes and well we are used to getting slated by some D4 media when we get 20k or 15k in for games vs Zebre or whatever.

I do hope Leinster show up tomorrow as I checked flights during week and a return flight could be got for €45 and a hotel for €100 between 2 so not a huge cost

Maybe so but in seriousness though you would expect alot more from Leinster genuinely. Any trophy is worth supporting team for surely.
Like I know people will make alot of jokes and well we are used to getting slated by some D4 media when we get 20k or 15k in for games vs Zebre or whatever.

I do hope Leinster show up tomorrow as I checked flights during week and a return flight could be got for €45 and a hotel for €100 between 2 so not a huge cost
Wish that offer was around when I booked months ago.... Prices are mad with this game and the cup final in soccer Muff!

I've had my tickets booked since February when the cheapest flights were over 120 return so knowing that and hearing what people have paid since the final I'm dubious of that being a logistically feasible price.

It's a valid point that a team with a catchment area of around 2.5m people should get bigger crowds than they do in a city with no other pro sports team (with due respect to the League of Ireland). Coming 2 weeks after a big spend for a lot of people in Newcastle and with only a few days to sort flights, accommodation, arrange a group of people etc makes Glasgow unfeasable for many. If the game was next weekend I'd be there but I simply couldn't sort things with work at such short notice.

Perhaps given that the Pro 14 is an international competition it'd make sense to have a 2 week break between the semi finals and coronation of Leinster as back to back champs. It's too short a timeframe to mobilise a large travelling support.

Congratulations to Leinster. I was rooting for Glasgow, but I have to acknowledge the Leinster defense. It came up big in the final minutes to seal the victory.

Last edited:
Great first half, was a bit let down by Glasgow in the second half. Don't really have a problem with booing in general but booing Sexton when he came off was just classless. Deserved win in the end.

Ringrose and Henshaw are two of the best centres in the world. Healy, Ruddock and Conan were our best players other than that.

A few thoughts.

1. Delighted with the Leinster win and it marks another excellent season. First half was very good, last 10 minutes were tedious but got the job done.
2. Nice touch letting Sean O'Brien lift the trophy. Leinster often do that for departing players. Rob Kearney didn't lift it.
3. Rob Kearney was very lucky not to receive red.
4. Boooooooooooooooooo.

61267975_2679058575455600_6513196206485667840_n.png

A few thoughts.

1. Delighted with the Leinster win and it marks another excellent season. First half was very good, last 10 minutes were tedious but got the job done.
2. Nice touch letting Sean O'Brien lift the trophy. Leinster often do that for departing players. Rob Kearney didn't lift it.
3. Rob Kearney was very lucky not to receive red.
4. Boooooooooooooooooo.
In fairness if Rob had been sent off it'd only have been an extra five minutes, Fraser Brown seeing yellow would have been 10 minutes.

The other thing worth saying is that the backrow Leinster put out today and last week has been far better than any other fielded by any Irish team all season, not including the one with Leavy.

Serious conversation needs to be had about the Irish backrow, Jack Conan and Josh Van Der Flier have comfortably been the two best and most consistent backrows in the country this season, we need to start them both at the World Cup.

Interesting game. Glasgow handles quite well in the conditions I thought. Leinster didn't even pass the ball. I feel sorry for James Lowe having to play for them just for all the moneys.

One of Glasgow's tries, a few easy midfield breaks, and some simple untaken opportunities by Glasgow really showed the Leinster defence was not infallible. I was surprised, I expected better. Still very good most of the time, but left enough opportunities for a team with better execution to have put them away.

Still, watched a super rugby game straight after and it was comparably woeful with lack of organisation and plenty of errors despite good conditions. Way more enterprise though.

Interesting game. Glasgow handles quite well in the conditions I thought. Leinster didn't even pass the ball. I feel sorry for James Lowe having to play for them just for all the moneys.
You wouldn't think we scored 95 tries (12 more than Glasgow) in the regular season would ya from all the 'boring' comments. And more tries than anyone in the group stages, including 11 more than the Toulouse team everyone was busy creaming themselves over about their style. You can rest assured that James isn't wasted here, although Saturday was hardly the most expansive game.

Anyway as someone who remembers when Leinster were an exciting, all-out attack team who never won anything I'll take the (obviously wrong) claims of boring rugby for the 10 trophies in 12 seasons. Decent tradeoff at this point.

You wouldn't think we scored 95 tries (12 more than Glasgow) in the regular season would ya from all the 'boring' comments. And more tries than anyone in the group stages, including 11 more than the Toulouse team everyone was busy creaming themselves over about their style. You can rest assured that James isn't wasted here, although Saturday was hardly the most expansive game.

Anyway as someone who remembers when Leinster were an exciting, all-out attack team who never won anything I'll take the (obviously wrong) claims of boring rugby for the 10 trophies in 12 seasons. Decent tradeoff at this point.

Munster got loads of tries in the pro14 too. You can score plenty of tries by bullying teams up front but when you can't bully then the tries dry up as Munster and Ireland have shown.

I fancied Glasgow if the weather was dry as they play better rugby.

Munster got loads of tries in the pro14 too. You can score plenty of tries by bullying teams up front but when you can't bully then the tries dry up as Munster and Ireland have shown.

I fancied Glasgow if the weather was dry as they play better rugby.
True but Munster didn't get anywhere near 27 tries in Europe, the only team getting anywhere near that number being Sarries on 26 - the other so-called 'boring' team. Teams aren't scoring that many tries off the back of just forwards. Leinster have a pack that only one or two teams can match 90% of the time, it'd be silly not to focus on that, the same isn't true of Munster which makes their constant head-in-the-sand rugby far more confusing to me.

Just because our primary way of winning is by subduing teams upfront (which works) doesn't mean that our backs (and forwards) can't play lovely rugby when they want to, and they do, even if we didn't see anything like that on Saturday.

Don't think Glasgow would have won in different conditions either, the result had little to do with the weather and everything to do with the Glasgow pack's utter inability to match up to their Leinster counterparts in the second half.

And like I said as someone who's experienced both winning boring rugby beats exciting losing right every time for me.

Latest posts