• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 1: South Africa v Australia (20/07/2019)

Green was fine but gold was a YC shoulder charge?

... Ahh yes, this is why I don't watch much nowadays.
It's late and from the side. I don't think it was the contact that drew the charge but clearing a guy out when there was absolutely no reason to.

Pretty dumb from DHP there to leave his wing defenceless so that he could go and make 0 impact on a ruck.

That's two pretty bad concussions we've seen with head against hip/knees. The tackles really need to be pushed towards the chest/gut for tackler safety but if you aim for chest you risk going high nowadays.

Beale's had a massive impact since coming on. Would definitely be looking to start him next week, either in place of Kuridrani (Beale to 12, Kerevi to 13) or preferably at 15 with Banks replacing DHP at 14.

I was rooting for the Wallabies, but the Springboks were clearly the better team today. Congratulations to them and their fans.

That should be considered an approach. Shouldn't be able to dance for 30 seconds before kick.

Pretty comprehensive in the end for the Boks. Two guilt edged chances missed by the Wallabies could have made it a lot closer.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Boks, you've definitely looked better but you can't argue with a comprehensive win over the Ozzie's. As far as the Ozzie's go, you'll get better, I know it because you never turn up to a game against us and play that poorly.., and you got us in T-minus 80 days!

Last edited:
Happy with the comprehensive victory and very happy to see Frans Steyn, Cobus Reinach and Marcel Coetzee coming on for the Boks. Jantjies did so welll I thought Reinach would not get a chance but he did and scored a try. Now I want to see who makes the bench for next weekends clash.

Also I would like to hear the Aussie response for the apparent disrespect we showed them. Not trying to rub any thing in but we did ask what if we won the game would it still have been disrespect as they claimed?

well done bocks ! nice to see the good old bocks getting the job done. the aussies didn't show up.
trashing.

Also I would like to hear the Aussie response for the apparent disrespect we showed them. Not trying to rub any thing in but we did ask what if we won the game would it still have been disrespect as they claimed?

Ouch!

Im surprisingly happy with that result. We looked the goods in the first half, and really should have gone in with the lead.

Third string front row, no actual wingers, a solid 7 or 8 first team players out. White with his first match in several years.

Even if we went in with our best 23 we would never have won at altitude.

I thought both yellows were pretty soft, but thats rugby these days.

Poor old DHP was the worst player on the pitch by so far.

I thought the Bokke didnt do much. Jantjies was excellent, but the rest were just playing bog standard rugby against a team determined to lose. Theyll have to produce a lot more next week.

Edit: not a single person in Australia claimed disrespect. It wasnt even our best team?

Double edit: Why shouldn't the competition be disrespected in a World Cup year? No one even cares about it when its full length and the RWC isn't on.

Last edited:
Still think we devalued the tournament ?

The result hasn't changed my opinion. Splitting a squad looks bad no matter how you want to spin it. Using the rugby championship as a world cup warm up devalues the RC. I'm doubly delighted the world league didn't get the go-ahead.

Latest posts