• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 2: New Zealand vs. South Africa (27/07/2019)

I saw a guy posting it over the weekend.
Lots of cheat claims has already been leveled against Barret. On the one side some people says "it happens all the time, don't worry" on the other side people are saying that it's blatant cheating. If they don't allow doping in sport because it gives a performance enhancing advantage and this gives a performance enhancing advantage then what makes this different from cheating? Some might argue "but it's so marignal" "probably won't even notice a difference". Well those arguments can be applied to both what Barret did and marginal forms of doping. Just remember guys getting caught out for doping does not always use harcote substances such as steroids. Sometimes it's drugs that only has very slight effects that at one point might have been legal until WR changed rules.

So this is to me comparable to sandpaper gate from the Audsies in the cricket.

So you might say this is an over reaction. OK fine we can use that narrative. It's OK right? I mean that would not have had much of an influence on the game anyway right? Let's leave it then and forget.

But... Let it now become a practice. Let's see how well you can coordinate with your teammates so that they can help signal you when the ref is looking away so that you can kick the ball further. Make it a common practice.

So I think he should be cited. Just like with post game red cards. A citing commissioners sees it he says its not in the spirit of the game, same as a player spitting another ( refer to Nico Lee Pro 14)

If you are reading this and think there is nothing wrong with this and then in advance that he should not be punished. Saying that it's just Cheeky, oh that Barret let's just laugh at how cheeky he is... No harm done... Then do you advocate it happening on a regular basis and if not, why not?
Rather speaks to Barretts belief in his kicking if you ask me........ I mean, why bother for like 3-4 feet closer?

if you get rid of the straight feed why bother having a scrum? isnt this denigrating into league then?
I cant recall the last time I saw a straight scrum feed in an International match.

Was funny listening to the NZ comms go on about a particular boks lineout throw being not straight. Many Lineout throws are not straight, yes even those by NZ, and rarely called.

Hmm Retallick had his hands all over the ball, did he not? Certainly was reaching for it, if not on it. He was open season IMHO, and its rugby after all. Clean outs like this are part and parcel of the game. Not like we don't see ABs clean out rucks. Do we? Hmmph!
Agree to disagree. From the side cheap shot deliberately going out to injure someone. Snymans a grub and I expect to see a lot more thuggery from him multiple times a game

Can I lead this week ? Honestly, how do they decide who gets this honour?
the most senior player of Maori decent and in the rare case there hasn't been someone of Maori decent able to do it the captain has

the most senior player of Maori decent and in the rare case there hasn't been someone of Maori decent able to do it the captain has
Is this still the case Jabby? I remember reading that Zinzan Brooke led the haka on his debut for the ABs for the reason you give, but thought in recent years they had relaxed that and it was now player nominated (for whatever reasons they have).

Is this still the case Jabby? I remember reading that Zinzan Brooke led the haka on his debut for the ABs for the reason you give, but thought in recent years they had relaxed that and it was now player nominated (for whatever reasons they have).

So they nominate Perenara everytime then? Even when TJ's on the bench, he's leading the Haka. Actually, I can't remember someone else leading the last 2 years...

Aaron Smith led the haka against Argentina....

In general though aye if they think there's some who is effective at it they will choose that person, so I guess it is more meritocratic in a sense now.

Latest posts