• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 3: Australia vs. New Zealand (10/08/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
eR0RXYg.png

SxGOCQa.png
j7lEIMe.png
UIVmBz8.png

Venue: Perth Oval
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I hope Australia wins, but New Zealand probably will. C'mon Wallabies, prove me wrong.

Last edited:
1. Joe Moody (38)
2. Dane Coles (62)
3. Owen Franks (107)
4. Scott Barrett (29)
5. Samuel Whitelock (109)
6. Ardie Savea (36)
7. Sam Cane (61)
8. Kieran Read - captain (119)
9. Aaron Smith (84)
10. Richie Mo'unga (10)
11. Rieko Ioane (25)
12. Anton Lienert-Brown (35)
13. Jack Goodhue (8)
14. Ben Smith (78)
15. Beauden Barrett (75)

16. Codie Taylor (42)
17. Atu Moli (1)
18. Angus Ta'avao (5)
19. Patrick Tuipulotu (22)
20. Matt Todd (18)
21. TJ Perenara (56)
22. Ngani Laumape (11)
23. George Bridge (2)

that's a strong team

WALLABIES (15-1): Kurtley Beale, Reece Hodge, James O'Connor, Samu Kerevi, Marika Koroibete, Christian Lealiifano, Nic White, Isi Naisarani, Michael Hooper (c), Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Rory Arnold, Izack Rodda, Allan Alaalatoa, Tolu Latu, Scott Sio

Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, James Slipper, Taniela Tupou, Adam Coleman, Luke Jones, Will Genia, Matt To'omua, Tom Banks

So for how many years do the ABs have to hold the Bledisloe before we can do away with it? 25?

All Blacks by 30-35 points

i'd love to see the following back 3 at some stage before going into the RWC...

11. Ioane
14. Bridge
15. B Smith
so would I. I reckon we probably will at the end of this game.
I would tell them to play left and right
that would be quite different to what we've seen in the Henry onward coaching group. It's interesting for sure, usually they pick size and someone with a strong shoulder for 6. i would have thought read at 6 and ardie 8 was a better option. without retallick, having two sevens does decrease the size of our mid+back rows quite a bit. and then there is a third seven on the bench. it seems like we are going to play fast, on both attack and defence. probably quite a bit of what the wallabies did with pooper, cane will rush fast and tackle around the legs, ardie will then go for the turnover.

Nah this is way different to pooper. This is 2 sevens who can hit like kaino. With squire out this is the perfect loose trio. Ardie will move into 8 on offensive scrums looking to run it from the base.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...s-legend-sir-brian-lochores-masterton-funeral
All Blacks manager Gilbert Enoka told those gathered that the All Blacks were taken aback when they landed in Australia to learn that Lochore had passed away.

The players would wear his number for Saturday's Bledisloe Cup match, he said.

"An indication of the mana that beholds this most magnificent man."

that is an awesome tribute

This is paywalled... can anyone get around the paywall and tell us what his point is?

"Chris Rattue: Wales the world rugby number one? What a joke."

About what could happen if the Wallabies win

This is paywalled... can anyone get around the paywall and tell us what his point is?

I think his point is that we haven't beaten the All Blacks in like 30 or so tests so how could we possibly be 'deemed' a 'better' team... he must assume that the number one ranking works like a boxing ***le in that you have to beat the best to be the best, which clearly isn't how the rugby rankings work.

Having said all that, I have a feeling it will all be immaterial come Monday when NZ will have probably beaten Oz and we've been to Twickers.

Seeing as no ones posted it yet:
1. Scott Sio (56 Tests)

2. Tolu Latu (13 Tests)

3. Allan Alaalatoa (32 Tests)

4. Izack Rodda (19 Tests)

5. Rory Arnold (21 Tests)

6. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (13 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (93 Tests)

8. Isi Naisarani (2 Tests)

9. Nic White (24 Tests)

10. Christian Lealiifano (20 Tests)

11. Marika Koroibete (21 Tests)

12. Samu Kerevi (vc) (27 Tests)

13. James O'Connor (45 Tests)

14. Reece Hodge (35 Tests)

15. Kurtley Beale (85 Tests)

Reserves

16. Folau Fainga'a (9 Tests)

17. James Slipper (88 Tests)

18. Taniela Tupou (13 Tests)

19. Adam Coleman (31 Tests)

20. Luke Jones (4 Tests)

21. Will Genia (102 Tests)

22. Matt To'omua (44 Tests)

23. Tom Banks (4 Tests)

That's the best Wallabies backline they've had in a hot minute.

Yes. But it's not worth my bother. I don't care, he is no one with an opinion worth such effort. I respect your opinion much more.

cant help but think that the media are under estimating the WBs. hope the ABs arent doing the same

he is no one with an opinion worth such effort.
Fair enough!

The WR Rankings are pretty well designed, as far as sports ranking systems go. They shouldn't be dismissed lightly, and they show the ABs slowly declining over the last few years.

Forget the rankings, if we lose tonight we finish 3rd in the Championship (barring something weird happening). That hasn't happened since... 2004. And before that, 1998.

Fair enough!

The WR Rankings are pretty well designed, as far as sports ranking systems go. They shouldn't be dismissed lightly, and they show the ABs slowly declining over the last few years.

Forget the rankings, if we lose tonight we finish 3rd in the Championship (barring something weird happening). That hasn't happened since... 2004. And before that, 1998.
Turns out I didn't have access anyway. I guess there could be a point that the rankings get distorted during World Cup year when teams aren't always playing their top side.

Latest posts