RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Hi Everyone.

With the Rugby World Cup looming around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea just to start a thread as a guide to keep things in order when we have the World Cup up and running, and also have some more visitors on the forum.

Match Threads:

Please don't create match threads. I will create the match threads of each and every game. Should I be unable to do so, one of my fellow Mods will take over, or a designated member will do it.

Duplicate threads:

During a RWC we see a lot of duplicate threads, where the ***le of the threads are just somewhat different. Please, before you start a thread, make sure another member hasn't started one before you. You don't get extra points for starting a thread, so it's not a bragging contest of who started what.

Should we find duplicate threads, they will be merged, and the thread that was created first, would remain the first post and ***le and all subsequent posts will follow.

Duplicate posts:

Again, something that happens quite a lot during a RWC. Please don't make one post after another on the same thread. Rather edit your post, and continue where you left off. We will be a bit more strict during the RWC, and you could face a 3-day or 1-week ban should you make a habit of this.

General Language & Behaviour on the Forum:

Please refrain from insulting fellow members during the RWC. I know that emotions run high during this period and you're hoping your team will claim the ultimate prize, but there is no need to be aggressive, ignorant or rude towards other member. Yes opinions will differ, yes dubious calls are expected to be a topic of concern, yes things will happen that will infuriate you. But please remember, we are all rugby loving people, and we are here because of this sport and its trials and tribulations. Keep it civil amongst members.

Here's hoping we all enjoy the RWC and the The Rugby Forum!

Can we be given longer to edit posts? The edit button seems to disappear after one day.

Can we be given longer to edit posts? The edit button seems to disappear after one day.

If nobody has posted after your post after the edit function has expired, you can post again. It's highly unlikely that it will happen, but that's fine with me.

Otherwise, if you still feel the need to edit, please PM me and I'll do the edit for you.

Hi Everyone.

With the Rugby World Cup looming around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea just to start a thread as a guide to keep things in order when we have the World Cup up and running, and also have some more visitors on the forum.

Match Threads:

Please don't create match threads. I will create the match threads of each and every game. Should I be unable to do so, one of my fellow Mods will take over, or a designated member will do it.

Duplicate threads:

During a RWC we see a lot of duplicate threads, where the ***le of the threads are just somewhat different. Please, before you start a thread, make sure another member hasn't started one before you. You don't get extra points for starting a thread, so it's not a bragging contest of who started what.

Should we find duplicate threads, they will be merged, and the thread that was created first, would remain the first post and ***le and all subsequent posts will follow.

Duplicate posts:

Again, something that happens quite a lot during a RWC. Please don't make one post after another on the same thread. Rather edit your post, and continue where you left off. We will be a bit more strict during the RWC, and you could face a 3-day or 1-week ban should you make a habit of this.

General Language & Behaviour on the Forum:

Please refrain from insulting fellow members during the RWC. I know that emotions run high during this period and you're hoping your team will claim the ultimate prize, but there is no need to be aggressive, ignorant or rude towards other member. Yes opinions will differ, yes dubious calls are expected to be a topic of concern, yes things will happen that will infuriate you. But please remember, we are all rugby loving people, and we are here because of this sport and its trials and tribulations. Keep it civil amongst members.

Here's hoping we all enjoy the RWC and the The Rugby Forum!

Blimey will you have time to watch any games after sorting out all the admin to do with the forum?!.

All I hope for is that the debates on the forum are good natured and healthy. May the best team win!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be good to outline some of that in the rules section. Is this a sticky thread?

Maybe point out that you can keep clicking reply on different posts before clicking the "post reply" button, thus making one long post rather than several. Near functionality but not everyone will know it is there.

Might also be worth pointing out that it is painful for you guys to have to do things like merging threads.

It would be good to outline some of that in the rules section. Is this a sticky thread?

Maybe point out that you can keep clicking reply on different posts before clicking the "post reply" button, thus making one long post rather than several. Near functionality but not everyone will know it is there.

Might also be worth pointing out that it is painful for you guys to have to do things like merging threads.

Glad to see you managed to figure this out. But yeah, click reply, copy the poster's remarks and then paste it on your reply of another poster, and just keep copying the whole text if you want to reply to multiple posters. You can even delete a portion of the poster's remarks if you want to reply to only a part of his post. When you're done, hit the post reply.

I'm going full valley commando during every United States game just a heads up
To be fair is the USA win games they should be losing and you claim it to be because pure belief your team will always win reagrdless we'll let you have that one.

For match threads, are you including warm up matches in your list of ones we shouldn't post? France Scotland is coming up and now the Scotland team is up would be good to have a thread to discuss it.

In regards to the one about behaviour. Just take 20 seconds to think about what your going to post and read back what your putting. If it's about the incident then at least watch the replay before posting your rage induced tirade at the ref. To be fair match threads are much more civilised on here than other places... cough cough... reddit ... cough .... cough..... but taking those few extra seconds to actually consider what you are posting allows for a much nicer but also a much more informed thread.

In regards to the one about behaviour. Just take 20 seconds to think about what your going to post and read back what your putting. If it's about the incident then at least watch the replay before posting your rage induced tirade at the ref. To be fair match threads are much more civilised on here than other places... cough cough... reddit ... cough .... cough..... but taking those few extra seconds to actually consider what you are posting allows for a much nicer but also a much more informed thread.
It is useful to have people who do get the detail, who speak with reference to underlying material (e.g. rules of rugby) rather than intuition, but I wouldn't want passion to be removed. As long as it stays respectful it's alway great to see all the salty comments post game :D

To be honest I'm not one to blame the ref but it is all the ref's fault
Simple formula,

Did the call benefit my team? The ref is a fine upstanding gentleman who got the call 100% correct.
Did the call put my team at a disadvantage? The ref is a cheating French (even when not French) ******* who got the call 100% wrong.

For match threads, are you including warm up matches in your list of ones we shouldn't post? France Scotland is coming up and now the Scotland team is up would be good to have a thread to discuss it.

I can if there will be enough interest.

We had a bunch this past weekend, and it seems like the England vs. Wales one was the only one that generated enough interest to warrant a thread on it's own.

Otherwise I can create a single thread like we do with Super Rugby, and have all the matches listed on one thread.

Latest posts