• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England Squad

LCD is interesting clear 3rd choice when all fit but alot like slade, he has had a few bad performances but has alot of potential

It's clear Jones doesn't trust him. He's got 8 or 9 caps covering about 25 minutes in total. Nearly 26 now, not ancient by any means, but if he's going to cut it we should be talking about more than potential by now. He came up through the U18s and U20s, so it's not like he's a late developer who wasn't on the radar.

May shpuld never be in the scrum again after last time, manu at 6 :)
Surely if Manu and Joe are in the back row together then it's Joe at 6 and Manu at 8; at being 6'5 and being as explosive as Joe is, he'd be one hell of a lineout option.

Smith in because Ford has the body of a 12 year old boy and should still be with the under 20s.

Unless there's an injury we don't know about, that's got to be a bag-holder. Probably same for Thorley and Earl.

It would be nice to see JJ make a comeback, and would also be nice to see us actually have a lock cover lock.

We're certain to see Shields or Hughes in the squad due to lack of other options; I just hope it's not both.

I think Genge did enough to secure a starting berth, and it'll be interesting to see if he goes for Big Joe despite his defensive frailties.

If you thought Ford was flaky and can't defend just wait until you see Smith

At least Ford tries on defence, Smith craps out too often

I don't know Tait for me, was treated worst IMO.

Cips was his own worst enemy.
Became petulant. (like not shaking Catt's hand)

Granted he might have grown up a bit, but if he isn't going to be starting I can see why Eddie wouldn't risk having him in his squad.

If you thought Ford was flaky and can't defend just wait until you see Smith

At least Ford tries on defence, Smith craps out too often
Using smith for the first time in this fixture would be stupid. And smith and quins just took a beating from Gloucester.

But what if ford is injuried? Do we have faz manu slade with JJ at 22 meaning slade as emergancy 10 cover? Faz often plays 80 anyway and is slade at 10 whos in tht set up and knows the player any worse than a 'flaky' smith.

For the record im not saying i want slade to be a 10 in this game or any other just that he is on form and could provide emergancy cover for 1 game.

Cipriani deserves to be there over Smith
Especially with the world cup only a few months away - we don't need someone good for the future, we need someone experienced enough to slot in if called upon

And yeah, id rather JJ on the bench over Smith if Ford is out
As you say: Farrell plays the 80 regardless

Using smith for the first time in this fixture would be stupid. And smith and quins just took a beating from Gloucester.

But what if ford is injuried? Do we have faz manu slade with JJ at 22 meaning slade as emergancy 10 cover? Faz often plays 80 anyway and is slade at 10 whos in tht set up and knows the player any worse than a 'flaky' smith.

For the record im not saying i want slade to be a 10 in this game or any other just that he is on form and could provide emergancy cover for 1 game.
Tbf we got a lot better when Smith came on over Lang. Also Smith does put big hits in every so often, more than I've ever seen ford do

I don't know Tait for me, was treated worst IMO.

Cips was his own worst enemy.
Became petulant. (like not shaking Catt's hand)

Granted he might have grown up a bit, but if he isn't going to be starting I can see why Eddie wouldn't risk having him in his squad.

Was that after Catt had a temper tantrum in the middle of a training session and threatened to end DC's career ?

Tait had far more chances than Cipriani.

Was that after Catt had a temper tantrum in the middle of a training session and threatened to end DC's career ?

Tait had far more chances than Cipriani.

No it was at the end of a London Irish v wasps game when Catt went to shake his hand and Cips snubbed him completely.

Latest posts