• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England Squad

At least Haskell could hit hard. I just don't see what Hughes brings in any aspect of the game. His defence is passive, carrying is extremely weak for a guy of his size, he's not a lineout option, not powerful off the base of the scrum, doesn't have good handling skills, can't clear out or secure ruck ball... Literally it seems the only thing keep him in the team is a bigger number when he steps on the scales, coming from the other side of the planet and that he ran over Ford 2 or 3 times in a club game 3 years ago.
Replace him with Ben
MSJI5ND.jpg

At least Haskell could hit hard. I just don't see what Hughes brings in any aspect of the game. His defence is passive, carrying is extremely weak for a guy of his size, he's not a lineout option, not powerful off the base of the scrum, doesn't have good handling skills, can't clear out or secure ruck ball... Literally it seems the only thing keep him in the team is a bigger number when he steps on the scales, coming from the other side of the planet and that he ran over Ford 2 or 3 times in a club game 3 years ago.
Well with the cuttent england squad replace him with either Clifford, Earl or Shields. Or bring in Dombrandt( or how ever you spell it) if you want a big bloke, again i dont care who comes on just take billy off to save him for wales. We seem to have the makings of a very good 23 that can be rotated gettinf players used to playing with each other and the bench players as to not over work players.

From that 23 there will be couple of tweaks for the world cup but not many if all fit. Underhill will be my next choice when fit.
Wilson
Curry
Billy
Underhill in any order.

Im happy wilson playing 8 with underhill and Currys with billy as impact. For some games. Obv billy and curry first choice in respectivr positions

I was gonna say Dombrandt seems a bit green to bring in but he's actually 18months older than Curry :confused::confused::confused:

Him and Lawes coming off the bench would certainly put the fear of God into a few ribcages

Dombrandt is green because he only started his pro career after graduating. Longer term, I'd see him as more of an 8 than a 6.

Tom Curry was an absolute machine last night. Underhill is typically regarded as the more physical player, but Curry runs him a lot closer than I previously thought.

The player I'm excited to see return and who I think is the future of the 6 shirt for England, is Jack Willis. Ted Hill will also be a real contender if he keeps developing at the rate he is.

Dombrandt is green because he only started his pro career after graduating. Longer term, I'd see him as more of an 8 than a 6.

Tom Curry was an absolute machine last night. Underhill is typically regarded as the more physical player, but Curry runs him a lot closer than I previously thought.

The player I'm excited to see return and who I think is the future of the 6 shirt for England, is Jack Willis. Ted Hill will also be a real contender if he keeps developing at the rate he is.

Tbh wilson billy Tcurry underhill are doing well with hughes and shields as ok bench options

Then coming through we have BCurry, jack willis, tom willis, dombrant and ted hill.

All showing real promise we could have a very strong pack with strong replacments all bringing different qualities its looking decnt for english rugby to say couple of years ago we had robshaw hask and wood in there.

Quite a few decent looking backs aswell in the U20s

Just a question but how does he compare to his brother?
Cliched, considering they're identical twins, but they're just as good as each other.
One is a little bit of a bigger hitter, the other is a little bit better at the breakdown (they said that's how their games naturally evolved as they played 6/7 together most of their lives) - can't for the life of my remember which way round it is though.
Ben was considered the better of the two up until he got injured in the England squad and Tom took his place, and took his chances from thereon after.

Tbh wilson billy Tcurry underhill are doing well with hughes and shields as ok bench options

Then coming through we have BCurry, jack willis, tom willis, dombrant and ted hill.

All showing real promise we could have a very strong pack with strong replacments all bringing different qualities its looking decnt for english rugby to say couple of years ago we had robshaw hask and wood in there.

Quite a few decent looking backs aswell in the U20s

Indeed - lots of players to be excited about. Re. Willis and Dombrandt etc. I'm talking about the future, not the present. I agree Tom Curry, Wilson and Underhill are doing well so there's no reason to change them for now. Less happy with Hughes and Shields.

Cliched, considering they're identical twins, but they're just as good as each other.
One is a little bit of a bigger hitter, the other is a little bit better at the breakdown (they said that's how their games naturally evolved as they played 6/7 together most of their lives) - can't for the life of my remember which way round it is though.
Ben was considered the better of the two up until he got injured in the England squad and Tom took his place, and took his chances from thereon after.

I think they're both 7s, but with slightly different skills. Tom is better at the breakdown and probably the more physical of the two. Ben is the more skilful as a link man and even has a few nice kicks in his repertoire. I've seen him put in chips and grubbers most backs would be happy with. Two fantastic prospects.

Another point I forgot was that Jones also mentioned about how he may have pushed players too hard previously. If so it's about time, but might also explain some of the improvement if he's pushing them to find their limits, not past them and breaking them.

According to Beebs, Itoje only out for 2-4 weeks. Could be back for the end potentially.

Nick Isiekwe into the squad, Itoje remaining in camp. Guess that's Lawes/Kruis with Launchbury on the bench for France then? Not at all unhappy about that.

Would like to see Hughes out for clifford, Ashton for Cokanasiga, Launch in for itoje, Cole for Williams just cause that french pack is ******* huge and we may need steadying at scrum time Bar that stay the same. Dunno what the point of Robson is if he isn't trusted against ireland but hey ho

Perfectly rational although a bit harsh on Lawes who made a strong impact when he came on.

Glad to see Isiekwe back involved.
I just dont think kruis would as much impact from the bench. Id not really mind if lawes started and Iseikwe on the bench tbh.

Latest posts