• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England v Scotland (16/03/2019)

I still can't get over the fact that England didn't win yesterday.

I've never seen a top international side think they've had the game won at half time. Arrogance or complacency?

Well done for Scotland for never giving up, but my god we let them do it.

Sorry if I touched a nerve mate. Don't worry - the bitterness will hopefully subside over time.
Not bitter, that's truly an excellent bit of play. Just an observation that last week I watched him be all kinds of awful.

.... Well alright, maybe a little bit bitter....

Last edited:
I still can't get over the fact that England didn't win yesterday.

I've never seen a top international side think they've had the game won at half time. Arrogance or complacency?

Well done for Scotland for never giving up, but my god we let them do it.

Bit of both and wuth nithing on the line. Half time, game won. It happens teams let a weak score when the game is won as they believe they cant lose it shouldnt but it does,

now this game comes down to more than that, we lacked leadership, (personally i think the captain should be a forward, but tjats just me) fair play to scotland they came out firing and caught us off guard with a good try. Not ideal but it happens, then got 2 in quick succession. Captain now need to take the lead and tell the team what he wants to happen, maybe keep posseion and go through the phases to stop their momentum. Or what ever. But he didnt seem to and nothing changed, and it took finishers coming on for us to get a single point.

Nothing quite like a grand slam to bring out the best in some fans... Eg 87Dreamer has only ever posted on match games with NZ (to whinge every time) or threads about England (every single one just slagging England off). It's quite sad really.

Nothing quite like a grand slam to bring out the best in some fans... Eg 87Dreamer has only ever posted on match games with NZ (to whinge every time) or threads about England (every single one just slagging England off). It's quite sad really.
I don't get what he wants from us,
None of us are international referees or citing commissioners. Go and cry at them about Farrell if he's that bothered about the situation, rather than making barely legible posts on here attempting to pick fights with every England fan

Yep never seen anything constructive either. Or even banter just trying to wind people up.

Talking of wind ups, did anyone read the Daily Fail piece by Joe Marler yesterday?
English arrogance at its finest:D

It was all Gregor Townsend needed for a half time pep talk.

Davies on Aki was far worse, and got the same treatment.

End of conversation.
Ive no idea what youre talkiing about nor why youre comparing farrells endless thuggery with other players , totally irrelevant. His no arms high tackles are a disgrace, totally dangerous not just to opponents but to farrell too. The fact the refs has been intimidated by the crowd not to card him is pathetic. This thug has to be carded. End of chat.

Best match of the tournament, or at least the most entertaining one in a fairly unexciting championship!

I wasn't able to watch every minute of the second half, was there a reason Laidlaw was given the kicking tee over Russell? From memory he missed at least 2 and that could have made the difference for Scotland at full time. Agree with Bruce, G Horne and Price are the future, if Russell runs the show then Price just has to play and the "brain" of Laidlaw isn't required

Best match of the tournament, or at least the most entertaining one in a fairly unexciting championship!

I wasn't able to watch every minute of the second half, was there a reason Laidlaw was given the kicking tee over Russell? From memory he missed at least 2 and that could have made the difference for Scotland at full time. Agree with Bruce, G Horne and Price are the future, if Russell runs the show then Price just has to play and the "brain" of Laidlaw isn't required
Laidlaw has always been primary goal kicker when both he and Russell are on the pitch. I don't think a decision has been made to change that. Laidlaw is not a finisher - if all SH's are fit then he either starts or isn't in the 23. My preference would be for the latter with Horne bringing a greater impact from the bench.

Hell of a game. Pub I was in in Cardiff was bouncing during the second half watching the Scottish comeback!

The third Scottish try (by Bradbury I think?) was a thing of beauty, and probably my try of the tournament - the chip and chase from Price followed by the beauty of a pass and a superb angle by Bradbury, with the pace to finish it off.

Just saw a slo-mo gif of Russell's pass to Johnson as well... <3

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/1106996031181475843

Anyone else spot Daly wiping out the sound person as Graham runs in his 2nd try... poor guy went flying!

Last edited:

Latest posts