• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England vs France (10/02/2019)

About the scrum thing. Now I'll admit I'm a bit one-eyed when it comes to all things Welsh but it seemed clear to me that the Welsh had decided to soft engage in every scrum up to the point Barnes penalised them for doing it. The French fell for it hook line and sinker mind and were variously pinged for early engagement, early shove etc. The Welsh were not interested in a contest and ensured it did not happen. Clever but not indicative of France having a poor scrum.

Just me?

a good point but not entirely true Wales defended the scrum 5 metres out and held their own. but might have applied in some circumstances

Anybody know when the team is announced? Can't find any news of date/time on the net

Hello Gents,

I am hoping this is allowed but I have 2 tickets for England France. If not I do apologise!

Block M36, Row 63, Seats 345 & 346.

£175 each

Please drop me a message if interested.

Sarah

So whos expecting ford faz slade? He never does what we expect sooo who knows, tbh really hoping for faz manu slade again, it worked better than i thought and actually has real potential.

Anyone know what time the announcment is?

Hoping that at some point in the game we see Ford, Faz, Manu in the midfield, plus Cokonasiga on the wing. Could wreak havoc.

Lawes and Ashton start. Surprised as I thought Nowell had a very good game his work off the wing and carrying freed up others alot in the Ireland game.

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps)
14 Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks)
13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
12 Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
10 Owen Farrell (Saracens) (c)
9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
2 Jamie George (Saracens)
3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
4 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
5 George Kruis (Saracens)
6 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)
7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
8 Billy Vunipola (Saracens)

Replacements 16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs) 17 Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs) 18 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers) 19 Joe Launchbury (Wasps) 20 Nathan Hughes (Wasps) 21 Dan Robson (Wasps) 22 George Ford (Leicester Tigers) 23 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)

Was hoping for nowell at 14 and joe at 23 and still disagree with moon and cole in as genge needs time and williams is over cole IMO.

But not unhappy with the team and am confident.

I am pleased to see Daly retained, if he is going to be a serious option for the World Cup he needs all the game time he can get, surprised to see Noel not starting but I guess we know what he's all about and how good he is, the only real weekeness in his game is probably his lack of pace, maybe Eddie wants him to bring some hard carrying after 60 minutes once they have been run around and tire.

I am pleased to see Daly retained, if he is going to be a serious option for the World Cup he needs all the game time he can get, surprised to see Noel not starting but I guess we know what he's all about and how good he is, the only real weekeness in his game is probably his lack of pace, maybe Eddie wants him to bring some hard carrying after 60 minutes once they have been run around and tire.

Can't argue against Lawes coming straight in for Itoje.
As for Nowell , he had a good game against Ireland but I can see the thinking behind ashton's Selection - he knows top 14 rugby and was the top try scorer there (24 tries in 23 games - a great strike rate !!)
All in all a couple of changes o/w one of which is enforced but it is pretty much as expected.
Re the finishers , some debate about genre v moon but I think Cole derseves to be back . Hughes v Shields is another i interesting debate but i think that Hugues superior carrying ability is the decisive factor . If Binny goes off who will carry ?

I'm quite surprised many think France might be able to do enough to win. I get the argument of the first 30-40 minutes of the Welsh game - IF they could keep that up for 80 minutes but some of the players could barely walk at half time. Atonio looked like he just got out of bed at half time.

I don't think the score will be silly but I still expect England to win very comfortably, especially with that team.

Latest posts