• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (23/02/2019)

I'm getting confused now. The incident in your original post was the EJ train one was it not? At least that it what I referred to in my response and you didn't correct me. I then argued that none of the players or coaches would have endorsed those idiots in that particular incident and you go off on a tangent and bring up different incidents that weren't being part of the original discussion. Good Lord. I don't condone the boo'ing but with regard to the players, the two at the centre of it were Owen Farrell and Ryan Wilson - two hot headed Englishmen. Wilson was born in Aldershot and went to school in Farnham. If you want to dig up some new incidents then go ahead but I'm done on this particular one and would rather focus on Saturday's game.

Just checked, same school as Ugo Monye and King Jonny.

I can never decide whether to support Scotland or not because although I do wish them success on a theoretical level, I can't escape the conclusion that very few Scottish fans would do England the same courtesy!

Overall I always have (begrudgingly) shouted for Scotland when it's come down to it because I do believe the 6N benefits from a strong Scotland. But I'd right now actually I'd say the tournament needs a strong France much more urgently - so think I'm going to shout for France.

Allez les Bleus!

I can never decide whether to support Scotland or not because although I do wish them success on a theoretical level, I can't escape the conclusion that very few Scottish fans would do England the same courtesy!

Overall I always have (begrudgingly) shouted for Scotland when it's come down to it because I do believe the 6N benefits from a strong Scotland. But I'd right now actually I'd say the tournament needs a strong France much more urgently - so think I'm going to shout for France.

Allez les Bleus!

I hope it is a 0-0 draw with 200 line breaks and 1 scrum. Both fan bases and sets of players hate the English and there is no better response to hatred than condescending verbal pats on the back for underwhelming performances.

With Scotland you just have to sit back and enjoy the rugby that the play..................... or the implosion that often happens. :p

Danny Care saying "We are hated in Cardiff". I cant keep track of who hates who now. Can't we all just get along. I personally don't mind a hostile atmosphere from the home fans. It adds to the spectacle IMO and makes an away win more special. It is rugby after all and not lawn bowls.

Scotland: Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh), Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), Nick Grigg (Glasgow Warriors), Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Maitland (Saracens), Peter Horne (Glasgow Warriors), Greig Laidlaw (Clermont Auvergne - captain); Allan Dell (Edinburgh), Stuart McInally (Edinburgh - vice-captain), Simon Berghan (Edinburgh), Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh), Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh), Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh), Josh Strauss (Sale Sharks).

Replacements: Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors), Alex Allan (Glasgow Warriors), Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors), Ben Toolis (Edinburgh), Gary Graham (Newcastle), Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors), Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors), Darcy Graham (Edinburgh).

Still looks a decent squad however the problem is you loose World Class players in Russell, Hogg, arguably Jones and replace them with players who while are good are not at the level of the players they are replacing.

I actually like the Scottish pack, they shouldn't get dominated. Bradbury was ferocious last weekend and I look forward to see him and young homegrown teammate Ritchie together in the backrow.

It is hard to disagree too much with Townsends selections in the backs given the limitations (I didn't realise George Horne was also injured) - but personally I wouldn't put any of those backs in a fully fit Italian XV, except possibly Seymour & Johnson given Italy's struggles in those positions. Townsend got a lot of these backs to perform well for Glasgow, so maybe he can coax something special out of them. But if France dont throw in the towel I'll go for:

France by 15 (Scotland scoring less than 13 points)

Just looked out of interest, apparently Brunels win rate with France is only 23%. For comparison O'Shea has 20% with Italy. That is shocking.

Just looked out of interest, apparently Brunels win rate with France is only 23%. For comparison O'Shea has 20% with Italy. That is shocking.

France with O'Shea in charge would be a very different animal. If this slump continues then I can imagine them going for him, Cotter or possibly Gatland after the WC.

Are they playing comparable teams though?

It's terrible either way mind

Italy beat Japan and Georgia last year then in 2017 only beat Fiji. Last time they beat someone from the usual top nations is SA in 2016.

It should be noted that apart from NZ, France have more players I'd nick to play for Ireland than any other country so it is fairly shocking!

It should be noted that apart from NZ, France have more players I'd nick to play for Ireland than any other country so it is fairly shocking!

On paper they are a very talented team. However come game time they play like a 2nd team that's only met each other 20 minutes before.

France with O'Shea in charge would be a very different animal. If this slump continues then I can imagine them going for him, Cotter or possibly Gatland after the WC.
I'd give the job to POC. Paul knows.

Paul has a front row seat on all things French rugby now that he lives in the biggest non-rugby city in this country and works with an all English-speaking staff at Stade Francais.
Paul has identified the mystery behind le terrible malaise in French rugger. In his infinite wisdom Paul thinks that this sorry state of affair is all down to the Top 14 biggest clubs not being able to afford a hem....nutritionist! Mystery solved!
His club has the biggest budget with a paltry 40M euros. Their owner is a Swiss billionaire. But they 'can't afford' a nutritionist. Money must be veryvery tight indeed...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/ru...-french-rugby-has-fallen-behind-37836702.html

Latest posts