• 2016 RBS Six Nations Rugby Table - The Rugby Forum
    Table updated after last fixture of the weekend
  • Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (23/02/2019)

MikeTheNative

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Wales

To be fair conditioning is a problem wit the French pack and you can see it as the game goes on. Some of the players carry a lot more timber as well (not naming names :p) than other countries counterparts and that's just going to make it harder.

FrenchFan

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulouse

Every Time Ref

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Seconds out, ding ding!

I’m putting a tenner on the Scot, I just think he’s fresher whereas the Irishman has been fighting this fight for 2 weeks non-stop

Reiser99

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

Lol was waiting for this.

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

Well, as long as we no longer hear about Glasgow players unfairly targeting Connor Murray in a contact sport :p

(Sorry, my heart isn't really in it, but the Wales / England thread is so well behaved that someone has to try and pick up the gauntlet).

Every Time Ref

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Well, as long as we no longer hear about Glasgow players unfairly targeting Connor Murray in a contact sport :p

(Sorry, my heart isn't really in it, but the Wales / England thread is so well behaved that someone has to try and pick up the gauntlet).
His standing leg. HIS STANDING LEG FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!

New rule, no one is allowed to use the word “tackle” when the recipient is an Irish half-back, the correct terminology is “target”

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

The thing is no Munster man was slamming that. Just got on about it. And for 2 weeks the Scots just moan and boo. And then wonder why they always just get close. If they put half the energy from booing and moaning and even way Laidlaw spoke about ref. So disrespectful and bring reputation of nation down. But half that energy in to rugby and there may even be an improvement.

Every Time Ref

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

The thing is no Munster man was slamming that. Just got on about it. And for 2 weeks the Scots just moan and boo. And then wonder why they always just get close. If they put half the energy from booing and moaning and even way Laidlaw spoke about ref. So disrespectful and bring reputation of nation down. But half that energy in to rugby and there may even be an improvement.
He’s bitten! We’ve got him on the hook Bruce! “Targeting” him has worked.

(I mean no disrespect I’m just overexcited like Kyle Sinckler, and the Welsh are being too damn respectful so there’s no other outlet for it)

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

He’s bitten! We’ve got him on the hook Bruce! “Targeting” him has worked.

(I mean no disrespect I’m just overexcited like Kyle Sinckler, and the Welsh are being too damn respectful so there’s no other outlet for it)
I'm just stating the facts. Scotland has done F all just boo and moan for years. Irish English and Welsh will moan and act gobshites at times but at least they keep respect for ref and try fix thing and improve. Not boo and really lower standards way they went on about ref etc. Maybe stop making excuses and do something. Well able to talk I feel with them but equally as a national team if ypu do that then "**** or get off the pot". If they loose against an awful French team today then I would argue they have made no progression and are closer to Italy than the rest

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

Forgive me father, for I have sinned... :p

I admire your faith to the Irish / Munster cause MM! You know ETR and myself don't care about this right? Just a bit of harmless leg pulling, if you'll pardon the choice of phrase.

Allez les Boos

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

Forgive me father, for I have sinned... :p

I admire your faith to the Irish / Munster cause MM! You know ETR and myself don't care about this right? Just a bit of harmless leg pulling, if you'll pardon the choice of phrase.

Allez les Boos
Oh again ot not a dig at you or Every Time Ref. Not even posters on here. Just saying in general though how sad and sorry Scottish Rugby has gone.

TommiG88

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

MM is carrying this forum today!

The Oggmonster

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Sweden

Club or Nation

Glasgow

I'm being Scottish for a day. Miserable and in a grudge.
Careful with that. The Scots will start moaning about you moaning about the Scots moaning which might result in England and Wales being more likeable.

Every Time Ref

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I do think the overreaction to the POM thing was ridiculous, not sure it’s unique to the Scots though in fairness, every nation does it. Cueto never touched that line in 2007 and I’ll deck anyone who says otherwise!

Laidlaw bitching about the ref (not for the first time) was pathetic though, and shouldn’t be tolerated. And I’m not mad about being told about how much everyone “hates” England

Careful with that. The Scots will start moaning about you moaning about the Scots moaning which might result in England and Wales being more likeable.
Can’t be having that, if you’re likeable in the 6 Nations you’re not playing well enough!

Last edited:

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

I do think the overreaction to the POM thing was ridiculous, not sure it’s unique to the Scots though in fairness, every nation does it. Cueto never touched that line in 2007 and I’ll deck anyone who says otherwise!

Laidlaw bitching about the ref (not for the first time) was pathetic though, and shouldn’t be tolerated. And I’m not mad about being told about how much everyone “hates” England
Not Munster though, they "got on" with Murray being targeted... That's why we never heard anything about it!