• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] France vs Wales (01/02/2019)

This record-breaking gigantic French pack will bully Wales off their usual game, and after a retaliatory yellow card penalty, France uses the advantage to pull out a shocking

France 20
Wales 12

victory, causing confusion and uproar among all our favorite pundits. Too specific? ;)

While size wise the Welsh pack is behind the French, it does contain a lot of guys who are a big threat at the breakdown. Navidi for example is not the biggest backrower you'll see, but is deceptively powerful and very strong over the ball.

It'll be interesting to see how Barnes referees the breakdown - his style doesn't always favour Welsh fetchers like Navidi and Tipuric, so will be interesting to see how much success they get and how the French deal with them.

While size wise the Welsh pack is behind the French, it does contain a lot of guys who are a big threat at the breakdown. Navidi for example is not the biggest backrower you'll see, but is deceptively powerful and very strong over the ball.

It'll be interesting to see how Barnes referees the breakdown - his style doesn't always favour Welsh fetchers like Navidi and Tipuric, so will be interesting to see how much success they get and how the French deal with them.

I rate Navidi highly (think I recall reading something about a wrestling background or coming from a family of wrestlers?) and he was immense against Scotland last year. He's in the same bracket as Hamish Watson - not the biggest unit for a back rower but deceptively strong over the ball.

Fascinating that we have such a crucial game to kick off the comp. If Wales can come away with a win it will be some achievement and will put them in serious contention to win the ***le. I think it'll be a very tight affair.

I rate Navidi highly (think I recall reading something about a wrestling background or coming from a family of wrestlers?) and he was immense against Scotland last year. He's in the same bracket as Hamish Watson - not the biggest unit for a back rower but deceptively strong over the ball.

Fascinating that we have such a crucial game to kick off the comp. If Wales can come away with a win it will be some achievement and will put them in serious contention to win the ***le. I think it'll be a very tight affair.

His dad's Iranian, and used to wrestle there a lot before moving to Wales. Think he helped coach the British wrestling team as well?

Come on France and Wales, give us a great start to set up the tournament.

Oh bugger, they still starting with an Eddie Butler piece.

Eddie Butler overexaggerating a french accent over pretentious music ... must be the start of the 6 Nations!

While I agree with you that Eddie does love to bust out his French stylings... it's strangely more convincing that Saint-Andre's accent, where is that guy actually from.

Wish my hotel had a TV with this on. May need to go for a wander.

Latest posts