• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] France vs Wales (01/02/2019)

Lads not watching it but are France actuallt back. From reading it it's like a French team of old who played champagne rugby

In fairness to Anscombe; his boot is usually relatively reliable. Feeling the pressure or the conditions I'm not sure.

Should bring Biggar on, they need someone who can kick them some territory (and points)

Enjoying the shock in Paul O'Connell's voice everytime France do something intelligent.

Barnes needs subbing. Guy can ruin any game hes involved in. There are so many better refs that dont think the cameras are there to see them. why do they perisist in using him?

This is what I expected from Brunel. He is an old coach but that doesn't make him super conservative. I particularly liked Lopez's up and under on the edge of the opponents 22 with no advantage. Best coach Italy ever had by a mile, even if the wheels came off in his last year.

Credit to both sides that this is very watchable despite the weather. Any ideas tactically / personnel wise on what Wales do to get back into this? I'm stumped.

I think Wayne is doing well. It's a messy breakdown both teams falling over a lot at impact, Barnes ignoring that.

France doing Wales a favour for the WC here. This was the wrong choice at FH for the conditions.

I think JD should be sin binned for that, but then Lopez should have too. Both cynical against an attacking team going forward.

France playing close to the perfect game in these conditions. Few aimless kicks, but overall job done.

Wales need territory, but their handling has been so poor they can't get close to France's line except for Williams' break.

France were legitimately very good in that half I think. Best I can remember seeing from them in over a decade if you take conditions into account. If Parra had his kicking boots on it'd be over.

Wales can't be that inadequate in another half, but they aren't coming back from this deficit unless France capitulates.

Latest posts