• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (02/02/2019)

Luckily I don't think the press have got a team right in the entire Jones era. I pray for this to be still be the case because that backline contains 2 too many failures.

Hopfully a trick by EJ to the media.

If true i suppose we could end up with ford faz manu at 60 min, ford and brown on the bench.

The MailOnline are reporting the below starting XV for tomorrow..

Daly, Nowell, Slade, Tuilagi, May, Farrell, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Lawes, Wilson, B Vunipola, Curry.

If that's the case, I can't see us re-writing history in Dublin...
If true its a team that could work really well

If true its a team that could work really well
On paper its a very strong centre partnership and would work either way around, but bothbplayers have been tried at 12 and it didnt work out. So we will have to wait and see

Im just hoping manu is used as a decoy drawing in defenders giving slade space to get the ball out wide, we do see for Chiefs he can be dangerous and can work as a second playmaker in the 13 channel allowing daly to run some good lines from FB.

This is purly what is physicly possible and deffinatly not what will happen ofcourse.

Except we know Manu probably can't play 12.
Daly isn't up to be being an international fullback.
Slade isn't up to bring an international anything.

Plus 1

I'm surprised we aren't going to see 3 locks starting as well.

Given that we have no international class 12s its as good as it gets agree daley is either a greatcall or a disaster we shall soon see if its true and come Saturday night we will know for sure
Cant wait

Be interesting if they got a hose or something and sprayed them as they tried to catch it

In the eyes.

Except we know Manu probably can't play 12.
Daly isn't up to be being an international fullback.
Slade isn't up to bring an international anything.

Daly would need to be given a proper run of gametime at 15 (at club level) before we can have that certainty
Also, Daly is in absolutely terrible form at the moment and shouldn't be anywhere near this England squad, regardless where EJ wants to play him.

Given that we have no international class 12s its as good as it gets agree daley is either a greatcall or a disaster we shall soon see if its true and come Saturday night we will know for sure
Cant wait
We only have no international class 12s if we refuse to play Farrell at 12 - Novel suggestion I know, given how often he played there back when we were winning. But it'd give us international class at 10, 12 and 13; rather than less effective international class at 10, not an international 12 and not international class at 13.

Ford Farrell Tuilagi is better in every aspect than Farrell Tuilagi Slade.

Daly on the other hand; has had what? 6 tests in a row starting at FB; and is in a poor run of form for his club. I don't see what this test will tell us about him that we don't already know.
Now if he was in good form for his club and Brown was in a terrible run of form, then playing Daly at FB would absolutely make sense and I would support it but neither of those 2 factors are in play.

We only have no international class 12s if we refuse to play Farrell at 12 - Novel suggestion I know, given how often he played there back when we were winning. But it'd give us international class at 10, 12 and 13; rather than less effective international class at 10, not an international 12 and not international class at 13.

Ford Farrell Tuilagi is better in every aspect than Farrell Tuilagi Slade.

Daly on the other hand; has had what? 6 tests in a row starting at FB; and is in a poor run of form for his club. I don't see what this test will tell us about him that we don't already know.
Now if he was in good form for his club and Brown was in a terrible run of form, then playing Daly at FB would absolutely make sense and I would support it but neither of those 2 factors are in play.
Ford has taken Leicester to where he took bath Farrell hasn't played 12 in a year and manu is manu?

England team to face Ireland:

Daly; May, Slade, Tuilagi, Nowell; Farrell, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Williams, Lawes, Hughes, Robson, Ford, Ashton.

Im very disappointed with the starting front-row, centre picks and 15.

Ireland by 14.

DyPJmUiWkAA9rcq.jpg:large

1. That's a really punchy pack - really happy to see the Vunipolas there, I just hope Billy is actually fit.
2. The midfield - always nice to see Manu there and I just hope EJ has seen something we haven't which could materialise on saturday. Slade hasn't shown international class yet.
3. Not to keen on the flankers but our options were limited.
3. EJ clearly hasn't been watching Wasps for a while (well, even though he was at the last game). Doesn't deserve to be near this team on recent form. Otherwise, like the wings
4. That's a very talented bench.

Latest posts