• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs France (10/03/2019)

Ringrose is obviously amazeballs but he becomes even more important because without him there's no outside back that can playmake.

I think I had him in a bracket with Sexy and Murray. Murr has dropped out of it as far as I'm concerned, both due to his own drop and Marmion and Cooney stepping up massively.

Kearney and Furlong deserve mentions too, POM as well in the unlikely event Beirne's club form doesn't translate into green.

Our next best 13 is probably Will Addison*, but his penchant for a few badly missed tackles every game would leave me worried.
Keith Earls is yet to complete a tackle in his pro career and he's got almost 100 caps

I think that is a point Alpha raised about 12 months ago!

Our next best 13 is probably Will Addison*, but his penchant for a few badly missed tackles every game would leave me worried.

*Could be Conor O'Brien within the next 12 months.
I think Addison showed promise against Argentina, although he did struggle in terms of linking up with the players around him both in attack (our wingers were behind peripheral that day) and defence, which is probably fair enough given that it was his first start and he only knew about an hour before the game. There's Henshaw and Farrell, neither of which are particularly creative, they need a playmaking option at 12 and we don't have one, but what they're good at they do well. Farrell has generally done very well internationally but he and a poor second half against Scotland and was poor against Italy (in fairness that was at 12 inside Earls though, anyone would struggle). Henshaw is good enough that it's worth always finding him a spot on the team, I'd much prefer him at 12 though. Either way I'd love to see Tom Farrell get a shot, I think him and Addison would be the best Ringrose impersonators.

Ringrose is obviously amazeballs but he becomes even more important because without him there's no outside back that can playmake.
K8sExD9V_400x400.jpeg

Reckon it'll be less comfortable than we want today. France will want revenge for last year and we'll be improved but still nowhere upwards of 75% of our best.

Reckon it'll be less comfortable than we want today. France will want revenge for last year and we'll be improved but still nowhere upwards of 75% of our best.
A 19.11 win I'm guessing with a tight game for 65mins.

Reckon French will target us up front

It's that time of the tournament when a man has to decide if this game is even worth having on in the background while doing his ironing.

I request that Ireland crush France's morale so badly that they cant recover mentally in the 6 days prior to their visit to Rome. A wee gift for CoS.

A 19.11 win I'm guessing with a tight game for 65mins.

Reckon French will target us up front
I'd say we'll win something like 24-14. France will score one or two nice tries but overall we should have too much for them. We've got as close to a strongest team out there as you could hope for, the only changes anyone would make would be Henshaw for Aki and Beirne/Toner for Henderson and they'd both be selection calls. Even if the bench is a bit dodgy when it comes down to it we have a much better track record of winning tight games than the French.

This will be a defining game for Larmour.
He goes well and team go well he will really leap on. He has bad game and this could kick him down and set him back. Defensively he will be tested. Hope he has a blinder though and wouldn't be suprised if he is MOTM

This will be a defining game for Larmour.
He goes well and team go well he will really leap on. He has bad game and this could kick him down and set him back. Defensively he will be tested. Hope he has a blinder though and wouldn't be suprised if he is MOTM
It could be made for him against the French defence. If he goes well everything could come together. I actually think he's having a decent season for Leinster, there've been less 60m wonder tries but at the same time his defensive positioning is consistently getting better and he's been generally good going forward (especially on the wing which is comfortably his best position right now), I think being a guaranteed starter has helped him.

The weather is pretty terrible. More of a Kearney than a Larmour day.

It could be made for him against the French defence. If he goes well everything could come together. I actually think he's having a decent season for Leinster, there've been less 60m wonder tries but at the same time his defensive positioning is consistently getting better and he's been generally good going forward (especially on the wing which is comfortably his best position right now), I think being a guaranteed starter has helped him.
But as BG8 has mentioned weather looks horrific and a day where positionally he will need to be perfect.

Latest posts